Secret 3D software

Discussion in 'Software' started by dardard, Jun 30, 2005.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

NO I DIDN'T!!!! It was dardard!!!! But don't worry, I'll be wringing it out as soon as I get it....

Tim P
  2. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

looks like we gotta wait just a bit longer.
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Well, I got mine OK, and several of my work collegues did too. I am working through the tutorials when I have a few minutes, but it doesn't seem to like win98se very much, indeed they warn about this in the program info and hlp files. Time to upgrade, maybe. Anyway, parametric modelling is quite different to the stuff I am used to, (Rhino, Coreldraw) and much closer to the software we use at work for the CNC stuff we do ( a prgram called vx, by the way ( www.vx.com ) and I am struggling getting my feeble grey matter around that, too!! As always with new software, half the problem is 'unlearning' all the stuff that clashes from previous programs, and relearning the new concepts.

I must be getting old. What was that saying about old dogs and new tricks?

Anyway, anyone else had a go with this software yet?

Tim P

ps The on-line advert box is pretty small, and you can upgrade for $49 to clear that, and free up a couple of ohter limitations. From what I have seen so far, that is an amazing bargain!
  4. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Well, I got mine OK, and several of my work collegues did too. I am working through the tutorials when I have a few minutes, but it doesn't seem to like win98se very much, indeed they warn about this in the program info and hlp files. Time to upgrade, maybe. Anyway, parametric modelling is quite different to the stuff I am used to, (Rhino, Coreldraw) and much closer to the software we use at work for the CNC stuff we do ( a prgram called vx, by the way ( www.vx.com ) and I am struggling getting my feeble grey matter around that, too!! As always with new software, half the problem is 'unlearning' all the stuff that clashes from previous programs, and relearning the new concepts.

I must be getting old. What was that saying about old dogs and new tricks?

Anyway, anyone else had a go with this software yet?

Tim P

ps The on-line advert box is pretty small, and you can upgrade for $49 to clear that, and free up a couple of ohter limitations. From what I have seen so far, that is an amazing bargain!
  5. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Tim,

Yes I got mine here while back and like you said, it doesnt seem to like windows 98 very much if at all lol. Thats why I have gone back to the program I found called "anim8or" . you can open alot of file types and pretty much do anything you want with the files once you open them and if you are so inclined, you can do animations also and there is a great .pdf tutorial that you can download with it.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  6. GEEDUBBYA

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Tim,

Yes I got mine here while back and like you said, it doesnt seem to like windows 98 very much if at all lol. Thats why I have gone back to the program I found called "anim8or" . you can open alot of file types and pretty much do anything you want with the files once you open them and if you are so inclined, you can do animations also and there is a great .pdf tutorial that you can download with it.

have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  7. fred_m

fred_m New Member

Too bad there isn't a sardonic filter. :(
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest