Second operations session

L

lester perry

Well I had my second session tonight. If anyone remembers my first I had a problem with traffic jams and a clogged yard. Well the yard went smoothly in fact he had time to see what others are doing. Had one traffic jam of 2 trains which was dispatches fault (Me). I sent out a through coal drag of 36 cars behind an H8. The problem was I forgot about the local that was running ahead of it. It was ugly, I was fired. The brakeman is dead one cabboose totally destroyed. H8 with substantial damage to the front. If it is any conselation the story will probably make front page in local paper.
Les

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
That accident made headlines clear out here in Montana. Yep, they blamed the dispatcher. The railroad rehired him. They said,"he works cheap and has a lot of stock in the company"so we decided to take him back. Must have been embarrassing.

L

lester perry

Actually we all had a good laugh from it. This after all was only the second session and generaly went well. For what it is worth I recomend it to anyone who has a layout capable of an operating session. It is a lot of fun and pressure.
Les