Second Custom Car

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Here is my second successful custom car. It started out as an undecorated Atheran 40’ Box Car kit. I airbrushed it using Plaid Folk Art paint. I used a CDS Lettering dry transfer set for the lettering and logos. Lastly the car was weathered using Polly Scale grimy black for both drybrushing and as a wash. And finally the car was sealed one last time with Testors Dullcoat.

Attachments

• cnj_box_1.jpg
    cnj_box_1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 142
Looks Good!

Very nice Tom, the colors look very natural.

But what are those long curved things under the drawbars?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

Drew

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Tom,
Thats some really fine custom paint job you have done my friend, I'll send you some of my Box cars to do:D

Shamus
wink.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
But what are those long curved things under the drawbars?

Drew,
I think those are the skyhooks which permit the car to be levitated into position for the picture to be taken.:D :D :D :D :D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
That's nice! I like the way you simulated the wear and scraped paint on the side of the car where the door would slide open.
Ralph

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Dennis, and welcome to the gauge, looking forward to my sound unit arriving, now, whats your problem uploading photo's in the gauge.
Okay, to upload any photo here in the gauge, it has to be no larger than 100k and on your hard-drive. To upload, simply type a reply or new post first then go to the "Browse" and click it on. A window opens with "Choose file" top left and "Look in". Pull down the menu in "Look in" and find where you saved the photo. double click on the photo and it is ready to upload here. then just . Hit the "Submit reply" or "New post" and it will appear as if by magic:rolleyes:
cheers
Shamus
wink.gif

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Thanks for the compliments everyone. You are encouraging me to do more. So I went to the LHS and ordered six undecorated hopper kits.:D

Originally posted by t. alexander
Hi Tom, looks real nice. What are you using as a thinner for that paint?

t.

I used blue windshiled washer fluid. The ratio was 1:1 for the Folk Art paint. The color I used was barnyard red.

Bucks Owin

Shamus, I've tried uploading a couple of different images taken with my old Olympic D320L and every time I get a message saying I've exceeded the allowable number of bytes. Any suggestions? :(