SdKfz 302 Goliath

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jim Nunn

While cursing the web looking for more information on the Goliath SdKfz 302 I ran across a web page that has what appears to be a short training film showing a Goliath in action. I had always read that the Goliath was not very fast and an easy target this film shows a rather fast maneuverable weapon in action.

http://wilk.wpk.p.lodz.pl/~whatfor/goliath.htm

It is amazing what you can find on the web with some persistence.

Jim Nunn

wunwinglow

1:48 is the new 1:35. What goes around, comes around. Remember all those beautiful Bandai 1:48 armour models? I have seen them go for crazy money on eBay! I'd love to see them re-released. Maybe Tamiya will expand their range further?

Sorry, this is seriously off-topic! No, seriously off-forum!!

Tim P

57townsman

Yeah, I know its off everything here :lol:

My thought was Jim might be able to use it as reference for the trailer he is designing.

Steve

Tim, it doesn't hurt to pick up a few styrene kits once in a while. Makes doing the paper casting thing a lot easier in that you've got a master to make the molds from. Right now I'm looking at some of the molds I did for a 32nd scale BMW radial to use in the DN FW190

wunwinglow

Thanks guys! But I don't need any encouragement to buy plastic kits! Or paper ones; or books, or plans or software, or tools, or glue, or paint,or....

Hey, I am among kindred spirits here, I don't need to explain!!

Tim P

RichBohlman

Railroad Card Modaler
Jim Nunn said:
While cursing the web looking for more information on the Goliath SdKfz 302 I ran across a web page that has what appears to be a short training film showing a Goliath in action. I had always read that the Goliath was not very fast and an easy target this film shows a rather fast maneuverable weapon in action.

http://wilk.wpk.p.lodz.pl/~whatfor/goliath.htm

It is amazing what you can find on the web with some persistence.

Jim Nunn

Nice little Robo-Bot for the 1940's! Is their a paper model of this guy?

J

Jim Nunn

Maurice, that’s an intrusting find. However my dog has fleas bigger then that model.

As Steve suggested I plan to purchase the Tamiya kit and use it as a reference to design the paper Goliath.

Have you guys noticed that most of the paper model AFV’s have used plastic kits as the reference for the model. You can usually tell this because the paper model has the same errors as the plastic kit. I’m not complaining just commenting.

J

Jim Nunn

Maurice

1/100 is a little big for DTO he thinks 144 is a good working scale.

And as for the dog we gave it a bath.

Jim

charliec

I take Jim Nunn's point about not designing AFV models based on plastic
models. This model, although superficially attractive, has a number of detail
faults which show up even on a quick inspection.

Regards,

Charlie

Ron

Jim, what scale are you planning on designing? Will it be made as a stand alone in larger than usual scale or something more to standards?
Sorry about the multiple questions :)

Ron

J

Jim Nunn

Ron

I will do the model in 1/25 scale and it will of course have individual working track links (NOT). I plan to display it with the Modlelik Kettenkrad. Please don’t hold your breath waiting for the model I most likely wont start on the project for several months.
As for designing from a plastic model, with my CAD skills I don’t think I could do the model from just a drawing.

Jim

J

Jim Nunn

Steve

Thanks for the photo I was at a hobby shop today looking for the kit and found out that it will be released in the US next month. While I was at the shop I saw the new trumpeter 1/16 scale T34’s they sell for a womping $150.00 each, I now remember why I started building paper models when I was a kid. While I’m on the subject of what’s new at the local hobby shop they also had the Tamiya 1/25 scale figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.