SDF Macross Cake model

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Bad_Scorpion, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

New project just about completed just had to saw a clip on anime site and saw this so had to make it.
    macross-cake.jpg

Just about completed just gotta set intersects for tubing and then will unfold and post. BTW once this model is finished I would like only this site to have it available, unless you ask me otherwise. To many issues with other sites taking ownership for something they didn't do.
    sdf cake.jpg

I know the arms are a little longer but will probably need to be for additional support to keep from toppling over. Criticism welcome though.
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

3. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

Okay I know not a fancy model or anything but hey just had to make it since I saw the image. Finishing up on the layout of the pdo. Will set to pdf format then upload it isn't very big so wont be a problem. Should be up within the hour. Also if anyone has any input as to what scale please let me know otherwise I am posting it as a 12 inch tall model and 8 inch.
  4. rapierdragon

rapierdragon Member

missing head/bridge

Not sure if you missed it or thought it was part of the background... but where the head should be is a head-sized red heart.

Its hard to tell in the screen-cap, but it looks teh heart is thick and curved, like a heart-shaped balloon, rather than a thin heart-shaped cookie.

Course, a heart would look even less like the ship than the ship-looking cake, but you could always do your own modification. Make the bridge/head out of cake but instead of the round yellow eye-thing do a red heart. Then the head could be 98% cake with a small heart-shaped cookie.