Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by snake7, Sep 6, 2008.
the picture of prototype, the place where stunt must join and the model
You'd better be careful. If less scrupulous designers know that poorly designed kits can be built this well, they may not put forth the effort to design models that fit well.
Your build is excellent and does a great job of hiding the kit's flaws.
you have a point
Just brilliant work Igor!!!
A princess from a Cindarella!
BTW, I'm building a pl*stic version of this half-track
thank you Johnny
well, you probably will finish the model before me
p"s: i liked the asterisk in a pl*stic word, lol
I heard this was a nice model with some terrible design flaws in it. It takes a very skilled person to successfully build this kind of model. I sure hope that somewhere down the road when you are 75 percent complete, you don't come across something that can't be fixed. By the looks of your work, this shouldn't be a problem.
VERY NICE! :thumb:
thank you Ken. i don't want to think about the moment I'll come across something i can't fix. i always remember that there is a completed model, so i hope i can do it too
suspension rocking levers and air pressure tanks.
the rocking levers aren't fixed. i decided to do it at later stage. there are couple of reasons:
there is also front wheel line that i must to take in mind and the assembling of front suspension was complex, so probably there will be minor error in height of axle line.
tracks. they big and have their height. so i must consider it as well.
so, the order is: front wheels, track wheels, tracks and only then i can fix the levers in place
bugs: detail 18c have wrong leafs spreading for spherical part of a cylinder and it was difficult to assemble - i was enforced to sand it and paint it
transmission block is finished
rear shaft wasn't glued in place, because i fear that the length is wrong. only when i will assemble and glue in place block with other shaft that attaches to it i can know for sure the length
part 21a too small for about 3 mm - i added a piece of spare paper strip to it
part 19 k is short for about 3 mm - i cut out 2 circles from 1mm cardboard and that filled the gap
at general, all the assembling was with a lot of mismatching, wrong gluing places and aligning, i was forced to do a lot of cutting, painting and fixing
the transmission block is glued in place
Yeah, probably... I'm already mounting tracks on the wheels sign1
Keep fighting the mismatching!
Really great work. I envy your skills.
thank you rman
well, i started the assembling of engine and it still sad how the part not fit at all
almost every second part is wrong in length or width or not painted correctly
and again: cutting, painting, fixing
on the first picture you will see the rear part of engine, this was, for now, the most problematic part from point of mismatching
and of course i was not surprised when trying to mount it on the frame, the supports was not aligned to engine joining, and i know i glued everything in right place... also the triangle strut and the bolt, joining it, prevent from engine to enter in place
you will see it on last three pictures
29o too long for about 1mm
29n wrong curving line
30g too big
30h to long for about 2 mm
30k too big
30u the length of short leg is wrong
30c wrong white places
Even though this is obviously a really poor kit, so far you're making a real masterpiece out of it. Your skills are great!
I'm looking forward to more on this one!
Wow, it sounds like this model is plagued with design errors from bumper to bumper! How does something like this become a commercial product? Did the designer not test build the thing? And the publisher continues to sell it in this condition - ??
That makes this excellent build all the more amazing. Please continue the great work, Snake7! And thanks for all the photography and posting which lets us watch over your shoulder!
redhorse: thank you
Art Decko: well, he did test build and, as i understood, his conclusion in general was - "yep, this is for experienced builders only" and they sent it to publishing
may i introduce you...
12 cylinders Maybach HL 108 TUKRM, 270 hp
now i really starting to realize how amazing this model is, in spite all of its defects
pictures continuing from previous post
continuing from previous post
and the engine is placed on the frame, just hope that later installments will fit with it
thickness of half of the parts of block 38 is wrong - 38e,38k,38f must be glued on 1 mm cardboard (in overall there must be 2mm thickness to insert the belt
39g - wrong length (too long)
39e - missing 4 additional parts
39h - wrong size (too big)