SD.Kfz 250/3 Greif GPM 1:16

Status
Not open for further replies.

josve

Hello Larry!
Thanks for your kind words!

The nuts come from DrafModel and are lasercutted, and not part of the set.
They come in different sizes from 0,6mm up to 2,5mm.

Do you have any shots from your builds to show us??

josve

Thanks for the kind words ShaunGamer!

The right sideskirt.

The sideskirt is made of two parts.outer and inner part.

Straight forward assembly....just glue together, shape the corners and glue the ends

Attached to the hull

Next will be the front fender and the toolbox between the fender and the skirt.

cmdrted

Great build, absolutely fabulous. Great tracks and the Weathering is good too. On the active wear parts of the tread, the parts that hit the drive sprocket and the parts the grind into the ground should show a little bare metal, not quite silver but a bright metallic gray perhaps. Just a bare drybrushing.

josve

You are right there Ted!
The parts which are in contact with the drivewheel and the ground gets some kind of bare metal look in the end.I have tried with some drybrushing with silver, and that looked really good.
So I will continue making links....just 150 to go...and try some different colors as I'm moving forward with the tracks.And in the end I hope it will be ok :)

josve

The front fender and the toolbox.

Same procedure here.The fender is made of the outer and inner skin and another piece.

The outer part is shaped, next will be gluing the inner part and the inside shaper to the left on the pic

The fender and topcover for the toolbox are in place

josve

ust a minor update.
Since I'm working a lot this period, nothing much have been done on the Greif.
But tonight I puzzled with the lock and door to the toolbox.
The metalparts will be painted!!

The door isn't glued yet, so the fit will be better when I have finished with the drawers and tools inside :)

C

cgutzmer

two things - where is the key to the lock - it looks like it should work. Also I have a problem with the tools - I think you have two 14mm wrenches in there... heh heh - super work!
Chris

Stev0

eek2.gif

josve

To be honest....I was thinking of making the keyhole and the key....but I realized that the madness must not get too far here :)
If I ever are going to finish this build I have to keep the detals low...
So I just skipped it (for now)
And I guess you are wrong about the sizes....it's 17 and 18 LOL

josve

Hello there guys!

Did some more work tonight.
The rear door.

Drawing

Some of the main parts

The box and the grid

The finished door

I think I'll wait to put the door onto the model yet.....
I have a tendency to destroy things that I don't want to :)

C

cgutzmer

These sure seem super detailed. How do these match up with similar halinksi kits (if such a thing exists) Your door is more complex than many of my models.... awesome work!
Chris

josve

Hi Chris!

I'm not sure how it compares with Halinski kits since I have not seen any yet.
But this vehicle contains 1600 parts, so it has to have some details here and there :)
I know the Halinski kits are known for great detailing, and the Pak's I have seen built, and not to forget the planes.....it seems like top of the notch kits!

I also think the Ki-115 you built is better than I ever could do!

rlwhitt

The most detailed Halinski aircraft (Dauntless) has about 1500 parts. Their ships and armor would have more (some MUCH more). What you have been doing in your threads is way more detailed than most of us has ever seen - I can't wait to see what you do with airplanes!

Rick

josve said:
Hi Chris!

But this vehicle contains 1600 parts, so it has to have some details here and there :)
I know the Halinski kits are known for great detailing, and the Pak's I have seen built, and not to forget the planes.....it seems like top of the notch kits!

charliec

josve said:
Hi Chris!

The Halinski Panther kit is around 2000 parts - a lot of it is roadwheels and tracks. I think the Halinski Bergepanther and T-34/76 might well run to more parts.

regards,

Charlie

josve

I really want to give some halinski kits a try!
So I might order some later this winter :)

Made an axe and the " thing" in front of it. Maybe it's some kind of "turning light"

Will continue making details here and there while I'm building tracks.....

Amazyah

Wow Johnny, I can't believe how real that axe looks!

I think your cheating!
You are one of those mad scientist guys and you designed and built a shrinking machine, didn't you?

Russell:grin:

josve

Nah it's just made of the original part and a balsarod as shaft.
I use the weathering sets to get the colors on it :)
I really like those sets!!
Especially for a colorblind they makes a difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.