Scratchbuilt Grahame-White Type VII, 1/48th Scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by EricGoedkoop, Mar 16, 2006.

1. elf

elf Member

i just wanted to say that is beautiful so many call this a hobby but i believe it can be true art ...to put so much time effort and love into something shows that maybe there is still some sort of worth left in humanity
  2. elf

elf Member

i just wanted to say that is beautiful so many call this a hobby but i believe it can be true art ...to put so much time effort and love into something shows that maybe there is still some sort of worth left in humanity
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Amazyah,

That picture was taken by my daughter Anna (now a lovely flower of 15 years) when we visited The Sherlock Holmes Museum in Baker Street, London, England, in the summer of 2004.
    It´s me wearing Holmes´hat examining his smoking pipe with the magnifying glass. The photo is mirror reversed to fit better with the page.

all the best,
    Bengt:grin:

Here´s a pic of Anna wearing the same hat, examining our youngest daughter Karin´s monkey companion:
    [​IMG]
  4. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Amazyah,

That picture was taken by my daughter Anna (now a lovely flower of 15 years) when we visited The Sherlock Holmes Museum in Baker Street, London, England, in the summer of 2004.
    It´s me wearing Holmes´hat examining his smoking pipe with the magnifying glass. The photo is mirror reversed to fit better with the page.

all the best,

Here´s a pic of Anna wearing the same hat, examining our youngest daughter Karin´s monkey companion:
    [​IMG]
  5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Card Modelling - A True Art Form

elf,

I couldn´t agree more with your words. There are many fine examples of truly devoted artists in the card modelling world. It´s a great way of enjoying life and making something beautiful with your hands.
    Just look at Eric´s work in this thread, to bring us all back to the main subject . . .

best,
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Card Modelling - A True Art Form

elf,

I couldn´t agree more with your words. There are many fine examples of truly devoted artists in the card modelling world. It´s a great way of enjoying life and making something beautiful with your hands.
    Just look at Eric´s work in this thread, to bring us all back to the main subject . . .

best,
  7. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi, Eric : I saw this postage in my late father's collections of U.S. Stamps. He had two (2) peices with intact perforation between them when I saw it in 1958. Philippines were administered by U.S. from 1898 to 1946 and this stamp was also (I ewas told) in use in that country....Yes, it is a JENNY!!! Regards....

Muhammad
  8. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Hi, Eric : I saw this postage in my late father's collections of U.S. Stamps. He had two (2) peices with intact perforation between them when I saw it in 1958. Philippines were administered by U.S. from 1898 to 1946 and this stamp was also (I ewas told) in use in that country....Yes, it is a JENNY!!! Regards....

Muhammad
  9. jasco

jasco Member

Hey- wasn't there a Graham-White aeroplane at the beginning of this thread?
    8vb
  10. jasco

jasco Member

Hey- wasn't there a Graham-White aeroplane at the beginning of this thread?
    8vb
  11. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

There was, but I haven't gotten anything else done on it so the diversion doesn't bother me. . . . .

:-D
  12. EricGoedkoop

EricGoedkoop Member

There was, but I haven't gotten anything else done on it so the diversion doesn't bother me. . . . .

:-D
  13. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Diversions

jasco,

You are absolutely right - perhaps we should start a separate thread for film buffs?
    However, I thought the pictures of the Grahame-White airplane and the aviator himself were sort of related to the main subject, and after that we got a little bit off-course, me included.

Thanks for bringing us back on track.
    Bengt :wink:
  14. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Diversions

jasco,

You are absolutely right - perhaps we should start a separate thread for film buffs?
    However, I thought the pictures of the Grahame-White airplane and the aviator himself were sort of related to the main subject, and after that we got a little bit off-course, me included.

Thanks for bringing us back on track.
    Bengt :wink:
  15. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Building Aeroplanes For Those Magnificent Men

Thanks David,

I will try my best to find a copy of that book through my usual channels!

best regards,
    Bengt:roll:
  16. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Building Aeroplanes For Those Magnificent Men

Thanks David,

I will try my best to find a copy of that book through my usual channels!

best regards,
    Bengt:roll:
  17. jasco

jasco Member

No criticism intended Bengt- I just was anxious to see more of the airplane build! 8v) I, too have fond memories of that movie and was especially enthralled with the Demoiselle. Two summers ago, there was a reproduction of the Demoiselle at the EAA convention in Oshkosh. It didn't fly at the time, but I believe it was capable of flight. Brave men back in those days!
  18. jasco

jasco Member

No criticism intended Bengt- I just was anxious to see more of the airplane build! 8v) I, too have fond memories of that movie and was especially enthralled with the Demoiselle. Two summers ago, there was a reproduction of the Demoiselle at the EAA convention in Oshkosh. It didn't fly at the time, but I believe it was capable of flight. Brave men back in those days!
  19. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Brave maybe............ but I'm thinking they just didn't really know any better. You know that........... ignorance is bliss thing.

john
  20. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Brave maybe............ but I'm thinking they just didn't really know any better. You know that........... ignorance is bliss thing.

john