Scratchbuild switchstand for On30-stubswitch

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Waldbahner, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

Hello list,

here is my yesterdays work.
    I've scratchbuilded three switchstands for my On30-layout (see it here http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?p=115363#post115363 ).

The lever is made out of brass parts and is screwed to a piece of wood with an long brass screw. Solder the screw and lever together and a wire on the end of the screw. This wire will go to the frog at the turnout. Cut out to stripes of thin brass shed (approx 1/4'' by 3/5'') and form then to an L. This contacts will be placed under the tie and leverblock. Connect this brass-parts to the left and rigth rail. Use a piece of wire to connect the lever with the stub-rails.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. TrainClown

TrainClown Member

Looks real cool!

TrainClown ;)
  3. Bill Stone

Bill Stone Member

Gerd,
    Looks good.
    How are you keeping the rails in the proper position after the turnout is thrown?
    BillS
  4. Muddy Creek

Muddy Creek Member

Maybe the guy in the red hat sits on the throw until the train clears the switch? :D

Wayne
  5. Waldbahner

Waldbahner Member

Hi,

I've nailed the moving stubrails very strong to the tie. So you need some pressure throw the switch to the other position. I've put a small nail on the outside of both positions to set the maximum way to slip the rails.

Gerd

PS.: The turntable is now shown in my "Melina's-Camp"-thread on the logging line.