Scratch building N scale

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
now some more color and some roofing on the sides....
but I now I run out of strips so I will have to go to the hobby shop tomorrow to continue...

but quite good progress for I days work... I think... hmm :D

I dont know If I should wheater the building as a go along or do it last of all ??
how do you guys usually do?

Attachments

• pipes008 copy.jpg
    pipes008 copy.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 158

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
Originally posted by Anachron
I dont know If I should wheater the building as a go along or do it last of all ??
how do you guys usually do?

If weathering is a new concept for you (as it is for me) then I recommend doing as you go along. If you mess up (like I often do) then it is the best time to re-do it when it is half complete, rather than at the end when everything else is glued already. If a little bit gets messed up as you handle the model while working on it (and believe me, it will) it's a lot easier to touch it up than to do it completely at the very end. However, this is my opinion only. ;)

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
sounds logical and intellegent Arlaghan
I will keep that in mind :)

And yeah im new to all of this :p I started to build my first layout now in november :)

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Really looking FANTASTIC! And hard to believe it's you first go at it!

Originally posted by Anachron
for the tanks on the side I cut a small part of the pipe on my moms vacum cleaner :D :D :D :D :D :D

I hope she dousen't kill me soooo mutch ;)

LOL - I can see your mom's future now, low heel shoes with the toes pointing up as they were formerly high heels, butter sitting directly on the table with no dish, as the butter dish became a building, all the cups gone from the cupboard as they are used for mixing paint, can't cook because the sifter is gone for sifting soils, the blender ruined by making ground foam from sponges, of course the sponges are all gone so she can't clean up, etc., etc., hehehe Poor lady! :D :D :D

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
haha jon

my mom havent seen the vacuum cleaner yet but she have seen my projekt and thinks it's very cool! :D
well my mom is VERY understanding :D :D :D

Lemur

Jul 15, 2002
Yorkville, Illinois
Visit site
Great job on that building! :thumb:

Every once and a while my wife notices something missing. Lucky for me, the cat has been known to knock stuff on to the floor and our dog has a habit of eating anything it can get its teeth onto. She no longer asks me if I know where something is, instead she simply blames the dog, and assumes the object is buried somewhere outside. If she ever looks in the train room however, I may end up sleeping in the yard. :eek:ops:

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
and some more details added

I think my camera wont do it anymore as I will go over to more detailing now :rolleyes:

but can someone plz find another use for this bulding... I dont want it to be a soup plant ;)

actually this have been the most entertaining part to pick with my small strips :D

Attachments

• mersida010 copy.jpg
    mersida010 copy.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 87

Anachron

Dec 8, 2003
Sweden
as I said a name and a use for this building would be great :p

I test fitted the building just for a little eye candy :D

and btw sry for the bad quality its taken with my webcam ;)

Attachments

• testfi3001 copy.jpg
    testfi3001 copy.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 94