scratch-buil Heisler

Hello,

I would like to show you my new Heisler in N-scale. The model is scratch-build out of brass, copper and styrene. Some parts has been used from an old Atlas-Shay-Boiler (domes, stack, lamps...). Parts of a Kato-critter-drive 11-105 has been used for the drive.
Only the rear truck is powered, but the loco pulls even large trains with 13+ logcars on a 2% grade. The frame of the model is 60mm long and the loco runs on DCC.

More about my Heisler -> http://www.us-waldbahnen.de/Waldbahn/N/Heisler_2/heisler_e.htm

Here are some photos.
engine_3.jpg

fertig_4.jpg

fertig_1.jpg

heisler_2.jpg

heisler_3.jpg

The locos has been detailed and weatherd, but I've no actual photo in the web at the moment.

Gerd

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Wow! Nice job! :thumb:

Some friends of mine are restoring that very engine in Tuolumne California.

woodone

Feb 7, 2007
Phoenix, AZ.
jesso said:
Great work. Nice to see the video that it runs :)
BOY!! I will second that!! Great job.:thumb:
BTW Jesso any good hobby ( TRAIN) stores there in St George.
Wife and I are thinking of moving there this summer. ( if the house will sell) :D

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
Gerd: That would be fabulous workmanship in a larger scale but to have done it in N scale is really something special. You are a real craftsman.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
that is one reason i didnt go into N scale..things are too darn small!my big ol fingers could never have managed to build that.that shows ome real craftsmen ship right there!

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
woodone said:
BOY!! I will second that!! Great job.:thumb:
BTW Jesso any good hobby ( TRAIN) stores there in St George.
Wife and I are thinking of moving there this summer. ( if the house will sell) :D

Short answer is no, unless you are into remote control planes. Sent you a PM.

Waldbahner:
Seeing those in your hand makes me realize how great those are. The detail is one thing. Having that much detail in that small a size is wonderful.

Ironhead

Feb 6, 2007
Those of you who scratch build locos are truely impressive. I hope that every one of you continue to post your work.