Scrap load in a gon

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I was playing around with making a removable scrap load for a gon, and here are my results.

The gon is a P2K model weathered with craft paints, the load is mostly cut-up blue foam with hunks of stuff (balsa scraps, pieces of wire, gears from an asthma medicine inhaler), held together with diluted white glue and painted with craft paints.

I was thinking of doing a step-by-step for the-gauge e-magazine on how to do this, what do you think?

Attachments

• gonloadsmall.JPG
    gonloadsmall.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 279

mhdishere

Feb 27, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
All,
Thanks for all the kind comments. The idea for this was kicking around in my head for a couple weeks, I tweaked it a little as I went along, and all told I'm happy with the results.

Eightyeightfan1:
Should I put it together as a Word document and attach it?

Might not be until after the holidays, but I'll try to get it together. It also takes DAYS for the glue to dry, so getting all the pics will take some time. You'll be hearing from me!

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
coil load

This is a coiled wire load I made a few years back. It's soft iron wire wound on a former I made to keep them uniform.

Image02.jpg

XavierJ123

Dec 17, 2004
Lexington, Kentucky
Yep, this is a good idea. You could do a whole series of articles. I wanted to replace some terrible looking fake plastic logs on my flat car with some real logs and did so. Finding real straight pieces of wood that look real isn't as easy as it should be. LOL Your next project should be your model "junk yard," my favorite place as a kid.

XavierJ