Schwan II

Alfred

Mar 26, 2004
Munich/Germany
AlfredBalu.de
Happy Easter,and all the rest of the gang at Cardmodels.net.

I have a long Weekend four Day`s free. I make a Visit at Deutsches Museum Sunday or Monday and make Pictures of Historical Battleships an Aircrafts.

Alfred

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Alfred,
Now, did you use any reinforcement or added heavier stock to this framing you show in your picture? Just curious because I mentioned on another topic, you might recall, my problems with JSC hull construction based on that box and former system they use. I got some good feedback on it, but it is not an egg crate type construction (more like egg shell :D ) but your Swan II has a more traditional looking framing setup but the stock you show seems not as thick as I would have imagined would be used, but that could just be my eyes. :shock:
Do you have a little trick or technique you use to keep the formers square to the profile template; by this I mean how do you keep the formers which give the ship its width and shape square to the center former that runs fore and aft to ensure it is not out of alignment while the glue dries?
Hope you don't mind so many questions. :wink:
Looking real good!
Jim

larrymax

Jan 17, 2004
Corona, CA
home.aaris.net
Looks good, so far, Alfred. Welcome, Captain, to the Paper Navy! Thanks for taking the helm on the "to build a ship" front for a little bit while I procrastinate away! It's great to watch these beauties come together! Keep up the good work!

Max
Captain and Missing In Action
HMS Cleopatra
Paper Navy of the Bear Flag Republic

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Wow, Alfred, she's pulling together fast! :eek:
Are you adding any additional thickness or cardstock to any of the formers or the deck pieces?
She's got a real nice profile, doesn't she? :D
Thanks for the update photos, Alfred!
And a Happy Easter!!
Jim

Alfred

Mar 26, 2004
Munich/Germany
AlfredBalu.de
Hello Modelers,

I Come from Deutschen Museum an Visit me Pictures After make a little Galerie from this Pictures.
This Time help me a coold Cup of Coffee.
Have not a Cup of Coffe in the morinigtime is the Day wrong.

Regards
Alfred

Alfred

Mar 26, 2004
Munich/Germany
AlfredBalu.de
Hey Jim,

and another Modellers,

Thank you for your Question, at first question answeredis Coffe Cup is called "Diddl mouse". H is a serie of Diddle mouses in many design of Cups, writing sets a.s.o.

Do not think about many questions, because I am very pleased about it, Mens Welcome.

I`ll give you pictures of boardwall an some detail peaces for how to keep profile and square.

I give you Step by Step how to Construct all Single.

Regards
Alfred

Alfred

Mar 26, 2004
Munich/Germany
AlfredBalu.de
Hello,

I`m make the Schwan New Building in slowly time.
I work me first Schwan in fast time and make this Model wrong.
(Me Brain ouside of the Head :eek:ops: "grummel",it`s a shame)

More Pictures frome the new Schwan II coming.

Regards
Alfred

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
That's the beauty of paper models, Alfred; you can always start over!
Believe me, I have made more mistakes than I care to recall, but live and learn... :cry:
Your Swann was looking so great, what happened? :?
Keep at it, my friend. :)
Jim