Schreiber Steamship Sirius

Jim Krauzlis

Sep 26, 2005
Copiague, Long Island, New York
Hi, Steve!
I missed the first part of this thread somehow, but I'm glad I saw your recent post and found this great build. :D
She has some interesting lines, particularly the way the forecastle has that fairing slanted inboard rather than the usual flare we see normally.
Your ladders came out great!
The designer seems to have done a nice job with the underwater hull plating, but you really made it work; it looks great!
There is a charm about this era of mixed steam and sail, I have to admit.
Great photos!!
Thanks for the updates.
Jim

Scorpio

Mar 21, 2004
Germany / Aachen
www.Kartonist.de
Hello Steve,

Very much nice work and the stairs look great!
How have you done them? Are from cardboard?
I am very curious of further your pictures
You have to my highest acknowledgment!!

With the best greetings
Scorpio

Ron

Jan 12, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Scorpio, your avatars are great!! I saw all the fancy avatars popping up all over the place and I started to turn a little :mrgreen: with envy!
Thanks for keeping things interesting and for motivating me to change mine :)

all the best!

Ron

Corporal_Trim

Jan 27, 2004
NorCal, USA
Scorpio said:
Hello Steve,

Very much nice work and the stairs look great!
How have you done them? Are from cardboard?

@ Scorpio,

First of all, thanks for making the cool avatar ! :D I made the railings from brass wire. The steps themselves are lead castings which I ordered here:

http://www.bluejacketinc.com/

I am very curious of further your pictures
You have to my highest acknowledgment!!

Thanks for the kind words, Scorpio. It means a lot to hear something like that that from an Expert. :)

I am proceeding somewhat slowly on this kit. My other hobby is painting zinnfiguren. I have some Prince August and Nurnburger Meisterzinn molds, and enjoy casting these troops in my garage and then painting them (example below). So at the moment, I am alternating between land and sea. :wink:

Ajax

Apr 20, 2004
Interesting model, Steve! Sirius is looking great, and as for the zinnfiguren... WOW! :shock:

AJ