Scented Smoke?

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Hoghead, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Hoghead

Hoghead Member

I believe I read on here a couple years ago about commercially available smoke that comes in various scents. Does anyone remember this?
  2. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

The scented smoke fuild that I like is Mega Steam.

Mega-Steam Smoke Fluid

MTH now also has smoke fluid in different scents.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:wave:
  3. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i tried a few of the MTH ones,there are 8 or 10 in all i think, i could not tell them apart. all just smoke to me.
  4. dbaker48

dbaker48 Member

I have found that the Mega has a stronger scent, But Boy do I get more volume with the MTH. The MTH does take longer to dissapate, it seems that it has a lighter viscocity than the others. The Lionel smoke I find is irrating.
  5. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

I have found that the Mega has a stronger scent, But Boy do I get more volume with the MTH. The MTH does take longer to dissapate, it seems that it has a lighter viscocity than the others. The MTH smoke I find is irrating.

I use Mega Steam diesel and coal fired steamer. Got a bottle of wood fired too. Use about 1/4 Lionel with my Mega Steam. Seems to help it last longer.
  6. Buckeye........

Buckeye........ Member

I use vanilla scented smoke so as not to irritate the boss of the house.:twisted:
  7. Brutus

Brutus Member

The Lionel plain smoke fluid bothers me and the family (most important). We like the Protosmoke and Megasteam smokes in the coffee (more like a vanilla scent to me), Christmas and Cedar scents. I think the Christmas scent may be my favorite now. Be sure to shake up the bottle first - I found that really helps, don't know why as it looks like its all mixed or whatever, but shaking it first seems to make it smell better. Also, the faster your train runs (more power to the track - I'm using conventional) the faster I seem to notice that the regular smoke scent overcomes the flavor - I can't describe it better than that. The flavor seems to be lost faster and the smoke just smells like generic train smoke faster...? Anybody else notice that?
  8. Hoghead

Hoghead Member

Thank You Spanky, that was the smoke I was thinking of, I ordered some because the Mrs doesn't like the Lionel smoke scent.
  9. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I would be hard pressed to say one smoke lasted longer than another. But I do like mega smoke the best and they have a fair line up of scents.