scenic ridge wider radius?

Bill Nelson

wider radius is almost always a good idea. when modifying , or working without plans, planning is very important.

I have been hand laying track for 30 years, so I have lost some of my commercial track skills, but this tecnique may be of some hep.

Buy a roll of kraft wrapping paper. if you need a width wider than your roll splice some together. When working with sectional track, it can be laid directly on top of the paper and outlined in pencil.

if you plan to use flex, you can make a radius tool with a piece of string with two loops one to go over a nail or a sturdy thumb tack, and the other around a pencil or a marker. If you lay your paper over a sheet of plywood, it can hold the nail while you draw.

I use graph paper, a compass and a metal straight edge to do my planning , but I have been doing this for 45 years. It is easier to check your clearances and spot potential kinks when working 1-1 on paper.

It takes some time, but is well worth it to help spot problems before hand.

I'm not familiar with the plan, so I'm only good for generic advise, but careful planning will help you avoid some problems, so you can make different more interesting mistakes later.

Bill Nelson