Scenic Express SuperTrees

Discussion in 'Product Review Forum' started by Conrail, Sep 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conrail

Conrail Member

These babies are awsome. :thumb: :thumb: With some fine leaf flake I don't think you could get more realistic.
    [​IMG]
  2. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

If this product is going to be used on a portable layout/ module, follow the manufacturers recommended procedure of softening the super trees. I would also recommend, that if this product is going to be used for large tree branches, reinforcing the stem with wire, it wouldn't hurt.
    This is a beautiful product, but, like all scenic products, requires developing a personal technique for using it, based on where, how, and if it will be moved.
  3. eric halpin

eric halpin Eric Halpin

super trees

Fellas,

I recently and briefly saw these trees for the first time. They did look great for sure but how do you straighten the stems? Also what does a package cost give or take? Thanks

Eric
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Eric,

I agree that they look like great trees...! :thumb:

While I have no direct experience with SuperTrees (other than looking at them), a number of articles I have read mention boiling and/or soaking with (or without glycerin) to soften and preserve the stems. To straighten, they are hung upside down with a weight - often a small clamp - to pull them straight.

I believe the price at George's in Toronto (the only place I have seen them in stock) was about $30 for a largish bag.

Andrew
  5. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

wrapping the stem with thin copper wire would hold something straight and easy to hide.
  6. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

In keeping with the basic purpose of this forum, Product Review, I'm closing this thread. Please feel free to open a new thread in Photography, books, video,scenery..., or general talk, to discuss the various uses of this product. If any who have posted here wish, I can move your posts to the new thread. PM me if you want the posts moved.
    Thanks in advance,
    Your moderator
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.