Scenery photos

Peter Sardagna

Nov 18, 2006
I posted some scenery oriented photos in the Gallery under Pond Junction & Stony Creek RR.
"Rain" is actual water sprayed from above as picture was taken.
Shiny "ice" is freshly wetted plaster.
"Concrete" bridges are painted hardboard.
"Stone" bridges are hardboard with a thin layer of plaster, carved and painted to look like stone blocks.
"Snow" is plaster of Paris sprinkled from a sieve.

Enjoy!

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
Peter
I have only one question for you:
Where were you when I needed you as I tried to make realistic rock faces?sign1
Seriously though....what beautiful modeling!! The bar you have set is high indeed:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ....Any other pics would be more than welcome!!!

Peter Sardagna

Nov 18, 2006
Thanks, Steve. But, don't be too impressed... I used a lot of commercially available rock molds. Only after much carving experimenting trying to seamlessly tie the molded faces together did I start getting the hang of it. Sort of. A geologist would probably say, half of what I did does not happen in Nature...

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
Peter, you have a very beautiful layout. The mountains and rocks are very impressive, even more because it is n-scale. Looks like you love bridges and trestles :D , you are right, they are great :thumb: .

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Nice photos, Peter, and some really great modelling, too.:thumb: Some of the scenes are very reminiscent of John Allen's layout; pretty lofty company! :) BTW, I somehow missed your arrival here, so Welcome to the Gauge.:wave:

Wayne

Peter Sardagna

Nov 18, 2006
doctorwayne said:
Nice photos, Peter, and some really great modelling, too.:thumb: Some of the scenes are very reminiscent of John Allen's layout; pretty lofty company! :) BTW, I somehow missed your arrival here, so Welcome to the Gauge.:wave:

Wayne

Thank you Wayne, that was a serious compliment!

Peter Sardagna

Nov 18, 2006
Thank you all for your generous compliments They encouraged me to post more scenery shots in the Gallery at Pond Junction and Rocky Creek RR.
Peter

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
Peter Sardagna said:
I posted some scenery oriented photos in the Gallery under Pond Junction & Stony Creek RR.
"Rain" is actual water sprayed from above as picture was taken.
Shiny "ice" is freshly wetted plaster.
"Concrete" bridges are painted hardboard.
"Stone" bridges are hardboard with a thin layer of plaster, carved and painted to look like stone blocks.
"Snow" is plaster of Paris sprinkled from a sieve.

Enjoy!

I don't get it, where are the pictures? :eek:ops:

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
There's a section here where you can view thumbnails of Members' photos - if you click on a particular photo, it will enlarge for viewing. It's also possible to post photos here, then have them appear in a thread.

Here's a link to Peter's photos:

Pond Junction and Stony Creek Railroad

To go to the Gallery, click on "Gallery" in the first line of words in the blue space beneath the words "The Gauge - Model Train Forum" at the top of any page that you're viewing. When you get there, click on "Member's Categories", then click on the one you wish to view.

Wayne