Scale Automobile Sizes

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Davess36, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Davess36

Davess36 New Member

Does anyone know what size automobiles fit the Lionel 0 gauge Trailer Train #9123-6 auto transport car. I'd guess at 1/50 or 1/64, but I'd like to know for sure. Thanks, Dave S.
  2. Squidbait

Squidbait Recovering ALCO-holic

O scale is 1:48.
  3. Davess36

Davess36 New Member

I know what size O scale is, and most O gauge runs about 1:43+ or so I've been told. What I'm trying to find out is what size cars fit this piece of equipment. My 1/48 model cars are far too large to fit. Can anyone comment on the correct size cars for this unit? Thanks, Dave S
  4. Squidbait

Squidbait Recovering ALCO-holic

Sorry, didn't meant to sound condescending. You were trying scales that were close, and around here, you never know just how much a person knows ;)

I couldn't find your model #, but I did find someone who suggests you need closer to S-scale cars to fit on the Lionel 2-tier auto carrier.
  5. Davess36

Davess36 New Member

I think your suggestion of S scale is a good one, as S is nominally 1/64. I just returned from a car show/flea market and the die-cast 1/64 cars looked about right. Guess I'll have to invest in a few, and if they don't fit, they'll make good Christmas stocking-stuffers for the Grand kid. Thanks, Dave S