say its not so shamus

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
If you're going to do that Shamus, you should hang on to at least some of your HO equipment...(those wonderful geared locos)...I know someone with your skills could easily convert them to the larger scale!
Looks like that tall timber will have to get a little taller though!:eek:

I can undertand the lure of On30. There's some really nice looking equipment out, but the scale/gauge is stilll a scratchbuilder's delight. And then - at least for me - there's the issue of eyesight and aging. Sometimes I think switching to a larger scale is what I need to do also.

Sn3 and On30... the stuff looks pretty darned good.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Shamus,
Are you familiar with Backwoods Miniatures?
I believe they are located in the UK. They make several On30 kits...they have a website, but I don't have the address in front of me...maybe try a google search...they're a little pricey for my budget.:rolleyes:

Nevermind...I found it...
www.backwoods.dabsol.co.uk

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Shamus,
Where I've already purchased some On30 equipment, I can understand why you might want to change scales and start over. We all need a little change at times. I'm going to miss the spectacular scenes of the Badger Creek, but look forward to seeing your work in O scale.
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Not sold it at all, in fact having had a good think about it and getting FLAK from the wife, thought better of of it. So the Badger Creek stays.
What I shall do very soon is to have a small layout around 8' by 2' for the On30 and keep this in the spare bedroom. When I have got enough BROWNIE points with the wife.

Shamus