Say hello...

wiwo1961

Nov 16, 2012
Hello together,

my name is Wolfgang Wieser (nickname Wiwo, avatarname wiwo1961), living in Vienna, Austria.
Today I had a question to Zathros, and he remembered me, that I am beeing here a reading member for a long time and did not introduce myself.
So, its a good time to change this.

I live in Vienna, 55 years old and started to build models with ten years. Earlier trys don't count.
In the early days I glued together plastic kits, later I tried a wooden kit of the yacht America with success.
The next models I had to do in scratchbuild, because no kits were available.
These were ships and a plane of the Austrian-Hungarian Navy.

After diagnosis cancer and a six month chemo therapie in 2008 I started 2011 with cardmodelling to train my lost skills of finemotoric movement of my hands.
My interests are primary on the gone austrian navy, planes and sience fiction.

So much in short about me.

Please excuse, when my words are somtimes not correctly used, but I am native speaker of the german language and a little bit out of practise writing in english language.

Regards

Wiwo

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Hello Wiwo,

Welcome to Zealot. You have come to the right place for all things SCI-FI! There are many members here who are BIG SCI-FI FANS (Myself included!) who are willing to work with you and give you a hand if needed.
As for your problems with English, NO WORRIES!!! ;) There are quite a few members here who are German.
(just remember, you can post comments in your own language (in open forum), but you have to post the translation of that post in English as well.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice, please let us know and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I look forward to seeing some of your work!

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I share your with motor problems as my hands suffer from this for different reasons. I have broken my neck pass the accepted limit, and it has affected my hands much. Never had Cancer, happy to see you are a survivor!! :fight:

Your English is so good, I thought it was you native language, there are people here who speak English, and Americcun, that do not speak English as well.

Thanks for the Introduction, ow when we see your name we don't have to think, "Who is that?". :)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Hallöchen! :)

I am from Germany and I love SciFi, too. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'm looking forward to some pictures of your builds. Just make yourself comfortable, read the rules and politics of the forum and most of all -

Have fun and enjoy! :)

wiwo1961

Nov 16, 2012
Hello together,

thank you for your warm welcome Raven Blaack, Zathros and Revell-Fan

@zathros: I hope that the motoric handycap belongs only to your hands. I have a friend who has to use a wheelchair for the rest of his life caused by an accident with a car. The driver was drunk and kicked him off the sidewalk...

Lets see what I will start here.

Regards

Wiwo

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Mt legs are very affected, but I can still walk, if I keep it at 40 meters, rest, another 400 meters, then rest longer. I can put around the house all day though. They hurt constantly due to the damage of the nerve roots that the 4 Lumber fusions prevented from getting worse. Thanks. ;)

wiwo1961

Nov 16, 2012
Hello Zathros,

thank you for your very personal answer!
That sounds like a very tough way of life!
But you have learned to live with! :Bravo:

Regards

Wiwo

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Many people out there suffering far more. Sadly. I have no complaints, maybe an occasional "moan". ;)