Savoia S-21 (late engine version with Porco Rosso))

N

niebla de fuego

Savoia-B-001.jpg

Pilot Marco Paggot (better known as “Porco Rosso”)
as designed by our talented Allen Tam.

Savoia-B-002.jpg

Porco, sitting on the remains of the first Savoia S.21.

Savoia-B-003.jpg

A close-up of him sitting on the wreckage of the cockpit.

“I guess I need a new plane” he said.

Don’t worry Porco, you’ll get a new plane.
It will be a new Savoia S.21.
This time it will be slightly modified
following Miss Fio Piccolo’s plans,
with a totally new engine.

:)

Z

Zathros

Oh how lucky that you were among the few chosen, from the great Allen Tam, to have one of these beauties. I so wish I would have been chosen. Wait, I was!!! I got one too!

To those who weren't chosen, I can only say , HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,:roll1: better me than you!sign1

No, I'm only kidding, Let me play you a song to comfort you, :violin1:...................... Wasn't that nice!

Ruben, don't throw this one!! It's a model. I have mine printed. Just have to start it. The first cut is the hardest!

:thumb::thumb:

N

niebla de fuego

Don't worry John: the fate of the new Savoia will be completely different ;)

N

niebla de fuego

I started with the nose compartment that holds the machine-guns and that is used by Fio to travel as passenger.

Savoia-B-004.jpg

I made a small mistake: I glued the middle bulkhead the wrong way and the wooden texture was facing to the wrong side.

Savoia-B-005.jpg

The port machine gun was assembled. Is not difficult, but it has several tiny parts.

Savoia-B-006.jpg

I will probably make only one machine-gun, since I would like Fio to get into the compartment.

Next will be the cockpit and the rear inner structure of the fuselage.

Z

Zathros

Nice start!! If I wasn't still fighting pneumonia, I think I would start mine now. Great Start!! :)

scyeige

Feb 3, 2012
When I get better at this papercraft thingy, I hope to build this plane... where can I get the templates for this?

N

niebla de fuego

My Gosh!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last worked on this model :eek:ops:

I apologize to Allen and to all the people who were following this thread. Problems with my hands and some real-life work have interfered with the building of this kit. I hope I can get back to it soon.

Regards.

Z

Zathros

When I get better at this papercraft thingy, I hope to build this plane... where can I get the templates for this?

This model is NOT available, don't even ask. It just is not available. Sorry!

Z

Zathros

I thought it looked good, you should make a little beach seen with it tucked under a tree, like in the movie!! :)

Z

Zathros

scyeige,

You can get a nice model, not as detailed, but really really nice. I have built this, it scales up will, and came out great!! It's FREE too!

Go to this URL:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/papermodel/htmls/Mymodel/Mod00j.html

and when you get there click this, " ì•iWNo.1...." ( First link of Upper Left Hand of Page) which will take you to the page where you will see this:

Sna005.jpg

Click on the .PDF next to it, and you will have your model!! This model is much nicer than you may realize. :)

N

niebla de fuego

I thought it looked good, you should make a little beach seen with it tucked under a tree, like in the movie!! :)
That's a good idea, it would be awesome to have the wrecked plane under the tree and the new one passing by its side :mrgreen: