Sauber C22 Frentzen

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Hello! long time from my last intervention here, i was far from the hobby. But now i'm back and i'm again enjoying this beautiful activity.

There it is, the C22. I pickuped up free from spinler's site. I also made a video with a lot of photos during the assemble.

I'm actually having trouble uploading photos, it keeps given me error. I'll try latter to upload some more.
P_20161017_111517.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Welcome back! I am glad that you were able to return!
If you open the photos in MS Paint then decrease the size of the photo be 50%, you should be able to upload them with little problem.
We are having some technical difficulty. The IT is working on it but they said that it will take some time to fix it.

Reactions: d5j4vu

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
Very nice. Pongas sus puestos en Ingles!! :)

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Thanks, i'm glad!

A little tip, i started taking photos "with the hands".. latter i tried using a selfie stick screwed to a structure.. then the slide get more smooth to the eyes, if you know what i mean.

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
BTW, it's not my idea, y saw a video about a plane in youtube and get inspired, just like you. It's a fantastic idea.

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
"semi-related" 2 done, 2 to go (there were only 4 models avaliable outside slovakia and czech republic, and it was a time ago, now the web page it's closed to "outsiders".. such a shame..)

The next will be the minardi.

Happy holiday!!!

Reactions: Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Absolutely fabulous! I vividly remember watching the Formula 1 when Michael Schumacher was still in action... and winning... and winning... and winning... an... :)

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You did a great job on this. I would recommend doubling up on the wheels rims, for strength, and cutting the rim spokes out. It makes the model pop. I hope you look at the link I sent you, there are some fantastic models there. I have the 12" model on my to do list. There models sometimes become unavailable, so get them while you can, they're FREE! !! :)

Link = http://metmania.com/dl.htm (Scroll down to Downloads)

12" Williams F26(B):

fw26b_02.jpg

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Thank you! and thank you for the FW data, the moment i saw here i downloaded it. You're right, sometimes it goes offline, so when you see it, you have to take it.

If i understand correctly, the rims are! they doesn't "popup" much because only the outside of the wheel has spokes.

50 P_20161023_192820.jpg

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You're right, of course. I see it now. On parts like rim spokes, either you cut inside the black line, or you color the edges the same color of the rim. The black cutting line distracts from the opening. Also, the disc brake should be painted Silver. The picture below shows the real car, with different colored rims, and spoke pattern, but shows what I am trying to explain. You can see the drilled disc brakes in the picture. On a paper model the discs themselves should be silver to represent the polished steel affect from the disc brake pads. I restore cars, by the way, mostly Mercedes Benz's, but now I am working on an M.G.. You model is excellent, I am just offering suggestions that maybe be useful on your next model. I see each component as a model in itself, the parts being greater than the whole, as they make the whole. Herein lies the perfection of the hobby. Makes the rims one color bu either cutting out the black lines or painting them, research the actual components on Google, and you will understand better what you are doing. This is done by anyone who researches models, or real cars. You can never stop learning. I learn new things everyday, take your model for instance. Seeing it made me research it and it broadened my horizons. The car below is a C22, by the way. :)

f1-sauber-petronas-c22-launch-zurich-switzerland-2003-detail-of-the-new-sauber-petronas.jpg

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Totally agree Zathros. When i decided to cut the spokes, i thought it will look different. But when finished, there was the "not so popup" appearence. It's what you say, the black lines. When i cut them, i was affraid that i'll ruined the rims (little part + lack experience) then i cut "inside" the black and the result is there.
There is this other thing, because i cut "inside" then the spokes become bigger than the real size.

I thank all the advices that you give it to me, it's gold! after all, it's my 5th build :D i'm in diapers here!

I think latter i'll build again this car, version 2, with better hands and some experience.

zathros

Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
You model came out great, and if that is your 5th model, Holy sh*t!! You are great! :)

d5j4vu

Apr 6, 2015
Absolutely fabulous! I vividly remember watching the Formula 1 when Michael Schumacher was still in action... and winning... and winning... and winning... an... :)

Yes, i stop looked f1 when hakkinen retired (the schumi-hakkinen rivalry finished) and returned to watch when shumi came back in 2010. I miss schumi, he was so great. There is a very special jewel on his return, i think it was in 2012, in Monaco, making P1 in qualify driving one hand (with the other changing break distribution, his lefthand) 3 or 4 curves passed the tunnel. All this in a changing curve section! magic...