Sand patch book

csiguy

does anyone have or have anyone read the book about SAND PATCH by Richard Borkowski? i was thinking about getting it, but would like to know before i get it , if it is a good book and what eras of sand patch it covers. thanks very much for the help.

todd

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I googled for a book by Richard Borkowski. Didn't find any books, but he did write a couple of articles about Sand Patch in Railpace Magazine.Excellent magazine, if anybodies interested. My father is a subscriber, and sends me issues when he's done reading them. Lots of pics, hot railfan spots here in the northeast(Big Chunk of the Northeast and Canada) with maps for great photo ops.
I'll look..Might have a couple of those Sand Patch issues laying around(or in the reading room)

As far as books on Sand Patch, thisone looks pretty good:http://www.railroadbooks.biz/prodDetail.php?itemNum=0934118205

csiguy

i have the other book about sabd patch called CSX CLASH OF THE TITIANS. it listed for $70.00, but i got it for $30.00. which wasnt bad. its an ok book, not great and i do not think its worth $70.00 . just my opinion.

csiguy

in case there are any csx or sand patch fans out there, i bit the bullet and bough the sand patch book i mentioned my earlier post. its a great book and i think the best book on csx i have read. very nice clear photos and interesting explanations too. well worth what i paid for it.