San Diego Model Railroad Museum

WOW...........A must see for any model railroad fan......Just got back home from a trip out west........I taped lots of cool footage of their layout.....the operators took me under their wings.....gave me a tour inside the display......and stagged lots of cool operations for me to tape........surely a must see if you are ever in San Diego......next trip I will schedule an entire day just for the San Diego Model Railroad Museum.......WOW......

Nick
Bywater Railroad
New Orleans

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
While I was still employed, the company would send me out to San Diego for technical training. I'd spend the weekends running equipment on the San Diego Model Railroad Club's layout there in Balboa park. Somewhere, I have photos of some of my trains on the Carriso gorge trestle.
It's been a long time since I've been out there with my "white box of trains". If any SDMRC members are here, my thanks again for some great weekends.
Pete

tomfassett

Oct 15, 2002
Chandler, AZ
www.trainweb.org
I got all excited the last time I was in San Diego and couldn't wait to get over there. I headed down there first thing on a Monday and...
They were closed...:eek: :mad: ;)
I had to console myself with taking the tour of the Museum of Man and looking at all the monkey men...:D At least it was a splendid day to walk around...

I'll plan better next time...:p

Tom F

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Closed Mondays

Tom:
A lot of museums close on Mondays.
Digression story:
We went to Paris and the next morning went out to the Versailles Palace. We met a couple on the way who had been there a week or more and had extended their stay because the weather had been miserable and this was the first fine day, so they were going to Versailles. When we got to Versailles, I was looking for train mags in the newsstand while the rest looked at the map. My wife came over and "What does Sauf Lundi mean?" All the opening hours had "Sauf Lundi" and that, of course, mean "Except on Monday".
We left the other couple there and took a train to Chartres.