Same-Old Same-Old websites

Chaparral

I just got back at the hobby again, and I'm really ticked at all the MRR sites popping up.
I don't have time to spend cruising umpteen 'MRR' sites.
Seems everyone who fancies himself a webmaster starts his own.
Most are same-old same-old stuff with nothing really new.

M

Maico Shark

I can see your point but video is adding a new dimension. Some of the dioramas can really come to life and all the hard work and fun times can be captured and relived. Anyway...Welcome back glad you've rediscovered Zealot.

pgandw

There's a great many model railroaders that never cruise the MRR sites. They spend their time actually model railroading. Then there's a large group who never do any actual model or layout building but pontificate on the forums or sites. And there are those in between. I have to ration my online time so I can do the things I want to on my layout.

Each site and forum seems to have its own personality and community, and I favor some more than others.

M

Maico Shark

Well I don't know about "pontificating" or whatever but I know that in model building there are some who are a bit withdrawn, maybe even anti social...I mean they'll ask a question if they're stuck on something or wanting to know where to get something but they don't really join the community. The railroaders are really different from some of the others. For one thing, they help one another, they explain things in a patient way. They seem to want to pass information about their hobby and railroading along to those getting into it. One of the most pleasant discoveries I have made since coming on board has been the type of people we have here discussing model railroading.

Mountain Man

I just got back at the hobby again, and I'm really ticked at all the MRR sites popping up.
I don't have time to spend cruising umpteen 'MRR' sites.
Seems everyone who fancies himself a webmaster starts his own.
Most are same-old same-old stuff with nothing really new.

Why be "ticked"? Greater interest is in the best interests of the hobby, right?

And no one forum has exclusive rights to the hobby, so it's all for the best.

steamhead

Of course...you needn't visit every site out there, you just can't keep up..!!
I stick to a few sites, and may visit others if a link on one of the sites I do visit points me there. I'll just look at what interests me, and head back to "home turf"....