Saltbox House Scratchbuild

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Next I added Evergreen .015x.080 strip styrene to the corners for trimboards.These were'nt painted, and left long to be trimmed after the glue had set.

Attachments

• trimboards.jpg
    trimboards.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 230

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I then scratchbuilt a landing for the front door using bits and pieces of styrene. Then sanded everything smooth. Railings from an old Walthers kit will be used. Tip for beganning model railroaders-Don't throw anything away...It might become useful down the line!
Next: The roof..Using Campbells Sticky Shingles....

Attachments

• landing.jpg
    landing.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 225

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Thanks everyone!
Before I closed up the house, I cut and fitted a floor, added "glass" using Evergreen .010 clear styrene cut to fit, then I fitted a view block then made a light box for one room. For curtains I used the tissue paper that came between the two sheet of clear plastic.

Attachments

• viewbloc Small Web view.jpg
    viewbloc Small Web view.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 174

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
After I glued the roof down, I painted under the eaves with engine black, and drybrushed the foundation. I also added the chimney.

Attachments

• sb2 Small Web view.jpg
    sb2 Small Web view.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 173

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
I then started to shinlge the roof using Campbell Self-Sticking Shingles.
I used rubber cement to apply the shingles, the sticky, I found out isn't all that sticky.

Attachments

• shingle Small Web view.jpg
    shingle Small Web view.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 175

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Well....Finally finished the saltbox house today.
I finished putting the shingles on(I had to order more...) added a vent cap and shutters to the front windows(Tichy).
Just needs more scenery work and it will be DONE!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Actually, I had a pixel size warning last night when trying to post 3 identically sized pix. All were 640 x 480, and all were medium quality jpgs, but for 2 of 3 I had to sample them down further before I was allowed to post them. All were the same file size on my hard drive too. Very strange.

Val

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
I've found that the item colors being imaged plays with the memory size.
I wanted a nice winter scene for my cellphone background... mostly white... right!
Wrong! The image was twice the size of an autumn image... same pixel size...
:confused: Looked at the image byte size... sure 'nuff it was a good 1000 pixels over size of the autumn image. :confused:

Oh, wellll... just letting ya' know what happened to me.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Another thing I have found is that I must save the image at 50% of its quailty in order to make it small enough in bytes in order for it to be accepted. The image size stays at 640X480