Sailor Figures

pashlispaht

Sep 5, 2004
USA
Does anyone know of a source of sailor figures (like British sailors from Napoleonic War era) in 1/96 or 1/100 scale?

David H

Nov 2, 2005
I live in North Yorkshire
I had a look for some 15mm wargames figures for gun crews and officers, but after a while with no luck I gave up.

I suppose one could convert architectural or railway figures...

Keep us posted.

D

pashlispaht

Sep 5, 2004
USA
I know they are out there, the Shipyard cover for the HMS Bellona shows a miniature sailor sitting on the "seats of ease" up in the bow of the ship and a miniature admiral pacing on the poop deck. I remember seeing a thread somewhere by Scorpio of his HMS Victory build where he had a miniature Nelson figure standing on the model to get some sense of the size of the actual ship. Just where are people finding them?

pashlispaht

Sep 5, 2004
USA
I checked them out; interesting but not quite what I had in mind... I think what I am looking for are 15mm miniatures made from metal. There seem to be quite a lot of these for land units but I have not had any luck finding British sailors from that era. I have done quite an exhaustive search for them so far with no luck. I also checked quite a few wooden ship modeling sites and it seems like 1/96 scale is not really popular for wood modeling. Lots of stuff in 1/74 but figures for model warships are few and far between...

pashlispaht

Sep 5, 2004
USA
I have managed to locate 15mm sailor miniatures, however no photos are available. The company that makes them is called Minifigs and their website is - http://campaign-game-miniatures.0catch.com/minifigs_naps6.html

They sell them in packs of 24 for a very reasonable price, about $8 for the naval gun crew, British seamen, and marines, and $15 for a British longboat with crew. I will post pictures when I receive my order, but photos of their soldiers give me the impression that their quality is pretty good and that they should be suitable for my objective of providing a crew for my HMS Bellona model. Now all I need is a source for 9 and 18 lb cannons in 1/96 scale. Any takers?

David H

Nov 2, 2005
I live in North Yorkshire
Mini Figs were a well known and respected supplier of wargames figures in my youth. I still have some lovley simple First World War troops in 15mm.

I cannot wait to see what your crew will look like on deck. Arrrr!

D