Sagrada Familia de Barcelona; Domus; 1/300

Status
Not open for further replies.

tino

After a long with almost no posting I am back with a new tread!

My next project is a big model, the Sagrada Família of Barcelona.

This cathedral is still in construction and its going to be the tallest church in world when completed.
When ready the model should have almost 60cm tall!
The model comes in 37 sheets B4 size pre-cuted and marked where it’s necessary to bend the paper. It has 825 pieces and it comes with a separated book I A4 size with 70 pages of diagrams instructions.

This will take much time to complete. For now some pictures of the model before start.

Attachments

• SF 1.jpg
    SF 1.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 92
  • SF 2.JPG
    SF 2.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 46
  • SF 3.jpg
    SF 3.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 46
  • SF 4.jpg
    SF 4.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 42
  • SF 5.JPG
    SF 5.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 36
  • SF 6.JPG
    SF 6.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 46

tino

More pictures.

Attachments

• SF 7.jpg
    SF 7.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 25
  • SF 8.JPG
    SF 8.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 32

SCEtoAux

Looks like it will be an interesting model to build. Very big too, at 60cm tall.
I remember seeing that cathedral on TV a few years back when the Olympics were held in Barcelona.

J

jagolden

Tino,

Beautiful building, it will make an impressive build!
Look forward to watching this grow.
Welcome back!

tino

Thank you to all for the support!
Following the instructions the model is made by several separated sections.
The first one is the central one, and tallest of all!
For now I will leave you with two pictures of beginning. There are only 6 pieces to make what it is in the pictures, but this section already have about 30cm tall.

Attachments

• SF 9.jpg
    SF 9.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 28
  • SF 10.JPG
    SF 10.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 27

exzealot

Tino,

Is this model pre-cut? I bought Domus' model of the US Capitol. The registration of the cuts is not lined up with the graphics. I thought about gluing the unseparated pages onto another thin sheet of paper, and then recutting.

Let me know if this is a problem with your model.

Nice subject - looking forward to your progress.

Ken

tino

Ken - Yes, this is a pre-cuted model and some cuts and some places were its necessary to bend seems to be not aligned with the real graohics of the pieces. On other and until now the model doesnt give any fit problem. Until now the fit is perfect.
Now lets go to progress in the model.

I am working in the four smaller towers of the central part of the cathedral.
The towers are simple. What gives more work is putting all that small pieces around the four towers.
Any of the small pieces around the tower is glued to the tower. I think that it’s easier to put them without glue. I think that will let them all, without glue.

Attachments

• SF 11.JPG
    SF 11.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 27
  • SF 12.JPG
    SF 12.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 25
  • SF 13.JPG
    SF 13.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 22
  • SF 14.JPG
    SF 14.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 23
J

jagolden

Tino,

Thanks for the update. Pictures look great.
The detail of the illustrations for the pieces is wonderful.
Really gives the feeling of depth and sunlight on a real building.

tino

Now I already have the four towers in place but with out glue to hold them to the corners. The small pieces around the towers also don’t have any glue.

Attachments

• SF 15.jpg
    SF 15.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 22
  • SF 16.jpg
    SF 16.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 22
  • SF 17.jpg
    SF 17.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 19
  • SF 18.jpg
    SF 18.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SF 19.JPG
    SF 19.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 20
  • SF 21.jpg
    SF 21.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 21

tino

Thamk you for the comments!
After a long pause'm back with more photos of the end of the first phase of construction of this great cathedral.
There were no difficulties so far and most of the pieces are by paste. Even so for a model that is almost all by pasting I think that is not bad.
They can see the central tower next to a tape measure so they can see the height of the model that is slightly higher than what is written on the cover of the model, perhaps due to not be well understood at the base.
For now I will not paste the four figures that will be at the top of the towers of the corners. I do not know the meaning of these figures.
After a long pause'm back with more photos of the end of the first phase of construction of this great cathedral.
There were no difficulties so far and most of the pieces are by paste. Even so for a model that is almost all by pasting I think that is not bad.
They can see the central tower next to a tape measure so they can see the height of the model that is slightly higher than what is written on the cover of the model, perhaps due to not be well understood at the base.
For now I will not paste the four figures that will be at the top of the towers of the corners. I do not know the meaning of these figuras.Depois a long pause'm back with more photos of the end of the first phase of construction of this great cathedral.
For now I will not paste the four figures that will be at the top of the towers of the corners. I do not know the meaning of these figures.

Attachments

• SF 32.JPG
    SF 32.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 22
  • SF 33.jpg
    SF 33.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 21
  • SF 34.jpg
    SF 34.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 21
  • SF 35.JPG
    SF 35.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 17
  • SF 36.jpg
    SF 36.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 20
  • SF 37.jpg
    SF 37.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 30

tino

More pictures.

Attachments

• SF 29.JPG
    SF 29.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
  • SF 30.jpg
    SF 30.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 17
  • SF 31.jpg
    SF 31.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 16
  • SF 38.JPG
    SF 38.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 15
  • SF 39.JPG
    SF 39.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 15

tino

Next Section – Apsis / Choir

Here is a little update of the construction. For now I didn’t have any problem, even if Domus seems to have made a small mistake letting a hole in one of pieces. You can see that before the last picture.
What I expect to give some problems, are both sections in last picture. The pieces seem that don’t align very well.

Attachments

• SF 40.jpg
    SF 40.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 15
  • SF 41.jpg
    SF 41.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 17
  • SF 42.JPG
    SF 42.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 11
  • SF 43.jpg
    SF 43.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 18
  • SF 44.JPG
    SF 44.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 15
  • SF 45.jpg
    SF 45.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 20

redhorse

Oh this is very nice. Thanks for posting. I just finished Domus' St. Stephen's Cathedral and these do build into impressive kits. I'm looking forward to seeing this one finished!

tino

Cant you put some pictures of your model?

Continuing with the abside, I now have 14 pieces that should be glued to the big piece that it is in last two pictures.
The problem is that there are four different animals in the 14 pieces and only after a friend send me some pictures I start to understand the real position of each animal. Let’s see if I don’t make any mistake in placing the pieces.

Attachments

• SF 45.JPG
    SF 45.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 19
  • SF 46.JPG
    SF 46.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
  • SF 47.JPG
    SF 47.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 14
  • SF48.jpg
    SF48.jpg