sad news on layout

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys my wife got her wish no more train set (well that is what she thinks.) well over the weekend i was moveing my layout form my dads to my house in a uhaul and some stupid brother in law put the legs of it on that part you put boxes and did not hook the back straps to hold it in place. you can imangin what it looked like after a 30 miles.. i was 85 % done with it and just got all of my mow kits done friday and now all i have is a box of track and all of my locos and cars and ect.. just last week before the news i was offerd 1500.00 for just the layout but i told him no now i have to start all over agin but what my wife don't know is this one is going to be bigger a 10 x 10 L she seen the frist run of the plans last night. i have loop to loop with some swithing but don't know what else to put in thinking of a logging of a mine or a port. the layout is going to be two levels..

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Awwww Scooby,
I can almost feel the blood drain from your head as you opened up the U-Haul and realised what had happened and that first silent cry of OHHHH NOOOOOO!:eek: :eek:
Thoughts of murder might even have been present! :D

However, it takes a lot more than that to keep a true modeller down huh? :)

Just glad you're over the initial shock and planning again. No doubt there will be a great deal you can recover from "the quake".
You might even be telling yourself that now at last you can implement all the things that didn't or wouldn't go into the damaged layout.

I see that good old American attitude of "when the going gets tough the tough gets going" and you spring back on your feet. Good lad. Of course you realise you also not only have to build the new but also keep us up to date with progress on it.

Make no mistake my friend, we will keep reminding you to keep us informed! (it's what we do best :D :D )

Good luck with the new layout Scooby.

Errol

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi scoobyloven, thats really bad news friend, if you need help with the trackplan for a logging layout, just shout.

Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
scoobyloven,
Sorry your "community" suffered an act of "Brother-in-Law", but, as Errol mentioned, it's an opportunity to build it better. Your situation serves to remind me how fortunate I've been over the last fifteen years of loading my modules in the trailer and hauling them off to show, that I haven't had any major damage, even to the very fragile trees.
Best of luck, and success in rebuilding. Oh yeah, (smirk) post pictures.
Pete

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Scoob,
Arrgggh!!! That's tough! Sorry to hear about the layout. Your post makes me count my blessings. I demolished a nearly completed layout but it was my decision after realizing the need for some basement maintainence. Secondly I'm grateful to have a wife who enjoys my hobby and only occasionally casts worried looks my way when I create foul smells and odd sounds downstairs. It does help that she has her own hobby room for sowing and quilts. Thirdly my brothers- in law live too far away to be so "helpful" . Best of luck with the new railroad!
Ralph

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Scooby:
For your new layout, you will need an industry named after your brother in law, with some sort of subtle slogan on it. (John Allen named one after the editor of MR: Linn's Archives -- Ancient Manuscripts and Altered Articles)
Sympathy on the loss.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
that would be a good plan i have an old kit i used for parts and i was thinking on useing it on the new layout it's not all there but for what i would do it's good for i would make it a demolition building that is being took down