sad day here at home

UPJunkie

well on my layout i am doing something went wrong and now i have to start over :mad: :mad: Lucky enough that's all i have done is made one Mt and laid down some roadbed. What happened is i was starting to lay down the track and the 2 of the covers was to sharp for the train. right now my wife don't know this yet but when she does she's going to kill me :eek: Any ideas for a new design? Click on the link below the pic will show the measurements what i have to work with

UPJUNKIE TRAIN TABLE

interurban

Hi upjunkie, are you running Frieght,, passenger?? Diesal, Steam, or Electric, what industrie and what time frame??

cidchase

Hi UPJunkie,
Does that drawing show the room dimensions or the
table dimensions? If that's really the table, where are
the access holes located, and how much space is
around the table?

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Don't despair UPJ! I think if you were to take a poll you'd find a lot of us have reworked our layouts despite our best planning. By all means make sure you have curves that your trains can go around without any problems. Make a smooth main line your top priority even if it means sacrificing other features.
Best wishes!
Ralph

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
That looks like a big space to me UPJunkie but then I am an N gauger. As others have said, keep it as simple as possible with the largest radius for curves as you can fit in. So much depends on what you want your railroad to do.

Russ Bellinis

Were the corners really too tight, or did you possibly just make a mistake? If you slipped up and put kink in the middle of a turn, it might be correctable.

jim currie

if you are using flex track do your sharper curves as transitional,starting out as say a 22 then to a 20 then to a 18 that way you have a very short strech of sharp bend.did this on both of my old layouts.

UPJunkie

Well the width of the table is 1 ft 7 1/2 wide but in some spots is wider. All that can be changed I want to run all steam but really doesn't matter to me. The look i want is around the mid 60's or 70's look. As of today i am on Vacation and i will be working on this all night tonight and going to Bristol tenn for the Nascar race on Tuesday:rolleyes:

I like to have a log train on a side of a Mt and going through Mt and woods. I want at least 2-3 trains running at the same time.

Tyson Rayles

Hello ??? I think we found the problem, if your table is only 19.5 inches wide and you are doing a U-turn in HO (allowing for 1 inch of space between track and edge of layout, and going from center of track to center of track) you have a radius of about 7.75 inches or there abouts! :eek: Too tight for N-Scale much less HO. Have you considered Z scale? :)