s gauge trains

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Alan d Lambert, May 14, 2007.

1. Alan d Lambert

Alan d Lambert Member

I have been busy doing other thing so I have been away from the forume. I am waitn=ing on switches from S-Helper so I can add 2nd track to my layout when I can order them when they get in stock. I am currently running on DC power,my SD-60 loco and GP-35 loco from American Models.
  2. Jim Krause

Jim Krause Active Member

Hello Alan: I haven't seen one of your posts before. S scale has always been a favorite of mine. Since I have to have a scale that is available in my local area, I have chosen HO. There is no S scale club locally and perhaps not in the whole state of Montana. I look forward to seeing some photo's of your layout in the future.
  3. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Alan,
    How do you like your SD60? Aside from their length, the SD60 is a sweet runner. Will there be any problem with it going through the SHS swithes? I tested mine throught my #5 switches and it did pretty good. My GP35 do better though.
    Jim,
    S is a lone wolf scale that's for sure.

Greg
  4. Alan d Lambert

Alan d Lambert Member

Hey Greg, It should do fine, they have the same geometry that Gibert used. Sraight track is the same, 5 and 10 inch curves are the same with more short radius curve track to make any radius you want. I also have some of their flex track .