Russian pre-dreadnought "Peresvet" [Orel 24/07,1:200]

mOONwOKA

Apr 27, 2005
Lithuania
moonwoka.netfirms.com
Subject of this preview is Russian pre-dreadnaught "Peresvet". In russian it is called "eskadrenny bronenostes" which can be roughly translated as "armored ship of the line". The model is one of the latest offerings from Ukrain-based publisher "Orel" and is in rather usual scale 1:200. Designer is Jurij (or Yury, if you prefer) Gromyk.

Publication consists of:
1 page with historical notes (in russian)
8 pages of assembly instructions in 4 languages (russian, polish, english and german)
7 pages of 3D assembly drawings a la Halinski and 1 page of templates
8 pages of formers, printed on thin paper
16 pages of color parts, plus parts for modelstand, printed on cover page (i really hate this sort of sacrelidge)

Model represents "Peresvet" in grey paint, probably the way she (although Aleksander Peresvet was actualy male, hero of Kulikov battle) looked during Russo-Japanese war in 1904. You have to guess this, because it is not clearly stated anywhere. But since ship itself entered service in 1902 and the cover says "1904", this must be the case. Anyway, let's take a deeper look.

History of the ship is inconsequent. It starts with long babbling about technical requirements for the new class of ships ("Peresvet" had two sisterships). Then the story goes into Russo-Japanese war and ends november 24th 1904, when captain orders to flood burning ship to avoid magazine explosion. Then story suddenly jumps into 1916 - the Great War. How and when burning sinking hulk was returned to service is anyones guess... This last part of story is rather short, because january 4th 1917 "Peresvet" hits german mines and sinks. If you don't read russian, you are saved from trying to figure out, what the ship was doing for 12 years. I suppose, it was raised by japanese and listed in their navy for some time and later sold back to Russia, as this was fate of many russian ships, sunk during Russo-Japanese war.

Moving to parts, i never bother to count these, but with 24 pages you get a LOT. Level of detail looks promising - steamboats are even detailed with their own boilers and machinery. Another nice touch is metal printing - you get not only "bronze" screws but also illuminator rims. The overall quality of print looks god, but there are several flops a la Maly Modelarz. These can be seen in attached pictures - "Peresvet_2" shows strange white spots, while "Peresvet_3" is the evidence of color misregistration (which, luckily, is present only on some pages). Another issue is about 3D assembly drawings. Some of these looks nice, while some are so gritty as if they were supplied to publisher in extremely low resolution and were scaled up like hundred times or so for printing. On the other hand, graphical assembly coverage seems to be adequate, but this can be confirmed only when building the model itself.

Overall impression is good. "Orel" gets credit for continuous covering of russian pre-dreadnought fleet. This is a welcomed edition for anyone, who is not daunted by several imperfections and does like ships from this period.

I only wish there were more british ships of this era in model form...

Attachments

• Peresvet_1.jpg
    Peresvet_1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Peresvet_2.jpg
    Peresvet_2.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 64
  • Peresvet_3.jpg
    Peresvet_3.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 64
  • Peresvet_4.jpg
    Peresvet_4.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 65
J

jagolden

Go for it!

Looks like a large detailed model.
Awaiting the build thread when you get in to it.
I love the builds. There's much to learn and many ideas to take away to my own models.

And, I can vicariously live building these big ones through gutsy folks like you!
Hurry, Hurry!

Sep 19, 2008
鼻炎治疗

搞掂过敏性鼻炎--只需十分钟 北京武警总队第二医院耳鼻喉诊疗中心精英荟萃,技术先进。中心云集了国内多名技术一流的知名专家,扎实的理论基础和丰富的临床经验为患者带来健康的信心。耳鼻喉诊疗中心斥巨资先后引进日本奥林巴斯内窥镜手术系统、德国STORZ鼻窦内窥镜治疗系统、美国XOMED鼻窦钻介入系统、显微支持喉镜、成像摄像微电脑控制系统、电脑微波治疗系统和美国杰西等离子低温消融技术等,并投入大量资金在北京市首创全程透明化操作手术室。高技术人才、高精尖设备、高超精湛的手术技巧、高标准的完善医疗服务,一切都是为了真正解除患者的痛苦进行鼻炎治疗。十分钟搞掂过敏性鼻炎?是不是医院为吸引患者制造的噱头?能做到吗?效果又怎样?现场实录:时 间:2006年9月6日上午10点30分地 点:武警总队第二医院医院耳鼻喉诊疗中心主诊医生:许景辉主任患 者:唐先生患者自诉:患过敏性鼻炎己有15年历史,抗过敏药都使用过,害怕长时间用药对身体有害,希望借手术彻底鼻炎治疗