Russian Cruiser BAYAN

Mezza500

Hi everyone,
I've joined the forum to pick brains, remedy the inevitable mistakes to come and apply all the tips I can get.

My first question is a practical one - I've identified the ship I intend to build - the Russian cruiser BAYAN published by OREL, via papermodeling.net

Has anyone purchased a kit from this company? Would you recommend purchasing over the net from them?

I only ask because the price is quoted in US Dollars and it's a Russian (?) website and I'm always wary about giving my credit card details on the net.

Any response would be most welcome.
Thanks
Chris

Mezza500

Well the total lack of replies answers my question. I shall look for a 1st project from a supplier closer to home, probably from Marcle Models.

Ta anyway.

paperboy

Re: Orel

I just saw your posts and wanted to reply to you. Orel models seem to be very technically difficult but when you build them or when you are able to build them you will be very satisfied with the results. I have 6 of their models. I'm toying with building the Peresviet. I like the olive and yellow far west scheme. This model is much more intricate than say Romans Oslabya which is essentially the same model.
Regarding buying online buy a debit card with a fixed amount and use that for online purchases. Much safer than turning over your credit or debit card numbers.
Dont despair regarding no reply here unless you're building something the silence can be deafening.

The Paperboy