Run "to and from" on the same track

myhku211

Hello ?

Is there any product in the market can make the model train runs "to and from" on the same track?

Thanks a lot.

doctorwayne

Hi myhku211, welcome :welcome1:to the Gauge.

If you want to run two trains at the same time, on the same track, in different directions, there are two ways to do it. You can use DCC (Digital Command Control), which will also let you do a lot of other stuff, and for more information on that, check out the DCC Forum .
The other way is to reverse the wiring to the motor of one of your locos. :p

If you merely want the train to run in one direction, then reverse, running back and forth without having to sit there and control it, there are automatic reversing units available. I'm not sure where you'd find them: perhaps someone else can offer some tips.

Wayne

Jim Krause

Sometime in the past, I answered this same question for another interested party. There's a company in New York state that advertised a system that allows for up to 5 intermediate stops plus reversing at each end of the line. Can't remember their name however.

Pooh Bah
I have just purchased (a couple of weeks ago) a Bachman trolley car set. This comes with a length of track that causes back and forth movement of the train on it, with a pause at each end.. This is independent of the train -- I've used several small engines as a test.
I paid $100 for the set; Bachman lists it at $150 or the like. It needs special track which costs extra. The set comes with about 4 straights and 4 curves.
I don't understand the mechanism; it was all black box -- I just put it together and it worked.