In 1959, CN needed some diesels still lighter-footed than the GMD-1s and RSC-13s for Nova Scotia branches with 56-lb rail. They also happened to be re-engining some FPA-2s with 251s. The fairly young 244 engines were reinstalled in some expanded switchers. Fitted with A1A-A1A trucks, they had so little adhesion weight that the engines had to be derated to 1400 hp to avoid slipping. Only four RSC-24s were built. They can be identified by their small size and tiny short hood compared to other Alco and MLW roadswitchers. Main Body http://pages.globetrotter.net/burridge/Ph-CNRd1801.jpg http://forum.atlasrr.com/forum/data/matthewq4b/2005312141640_CN 1802b.jpg www.NiagaraRails.com - 1802cn.jpg www.NiagaraRails.com - 1803cn.jpg http://novascotiarailwayheritage.com/Photo archive/CN1803 RSC24 Bridgewater NS 7 July 1973.jpg MLW RS-10 Data Sheets MLW RSC-24 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia In 1975-76, the three units that remained after an earlier wreck were retired. Their trucks were transferred to RS-18s, which were derated to 1400 hp and became RSC-14s.