RRTrains 2000

jasbourre

Has anyone used this FREE program for categorizing your model trains?

RRTrains 2000Copyright © 2002-2005 by Gregory Braun. All rights reserved.
RRTrains 2000 is a small program used to create a detailed inventory of your model railroad collection. RRTrains 2000 will record information about each locomotive and piece of rolling stock in your collection.
Along with catalog and model information, you can also record acquisition dates, prices and current values.
Several inventory reports can be generated and printed, an option is also included to print lists of items for sale. The inventory reports you generate can be displayed as standard HTML web pages.
RRTrains 2000 includes a sample inventory database to fully illustrate how model railroad collections can be inventoried with this easy-to-use program.
RRTrains 2000 will run on MS Windows XP and Millenium Edition as well as MS Windows 2000 and 9x/NT systems.
Click on the following link to view a screen shot of RRTrains 2000.

Version 2.7This is a maintenance release.
RequiresMS Windows 95/98, ME, XP, 2000 or Windows NT
Download RRTRAINS.ZIP (464K Bytes)
UpdatedJuly 8th, 2004
InstallationUnzip to a temporary directory and run SETUP.EXE
PriceFree
SupportE-Mail for RRTrains 2000 user support

ejen34

Yup, I use this program. It is free, comes without any data loaded into the database, so the user has to add all the data into the fields, but this is no big deal. I have about 191 entries to date. Meets my needs :thumb:

doctorwayne

My son set up something similar for me using Excel: the categories are customised to what I required and show all of the trains that I currently own, sorted by type,and arranged numerically, plus all of my freelanced railroad cars in existence, including those sold, given away, or physically scrapped. These are colour-coded, so I can ensure at a glance that I don't make a car with a duplicate number, or, if I do, can note that it's a re-use of the number, just like the prototype. There are also categories for car length, manufacturer, value, and any special equipment, similar to the ORER.

Wayne

ejen34

doctorwayne said:
My son set up something similar for me using Excel: the categories are customised to what I required and show all of the trains that I currently own, sorted by type,and arranged numerically, plus all of my freelanced railroad cars in existence, including those sold, given away, or physically scrapped. These are colour-coded, so I can ensure at a glance that I don't make a car with a duplicate number, or, if I do, can note that it's a re-use of the number, just like the prototype. There are also categories for car length, manufacturer, value, and any special equipment, similar to the ORER.

Wayne
Oh man, thats what I tried to achieve before I found RRTrains 2000, but I could not figure out how to make the fields do what I wanted them to. No less than 4 guys in the local club are using Excel....

railohio

Eh. I haven't found anything better than Microsoft Access for creating databases. Any insuance company can read the files if you ever neeed to file a claim and you can distribute them to friends to aid them with their Christmas shopping, too. :D

kf4jqd

I also have that same program. But I use Microsoft's Excell. The reason being is my insurance company perfers it because my agent has it in there computer. Once you get the template set up that you want. It's very easy to use. My advice it. If you plan to inventory your railroad collection. Check with your insurance company on how they want it deleivered to them.

Andy