Rozemberk Castle

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by J.L., Aug 15, 2005.

1. J.L.

J.L. Member

Here is a shot of Rozmberk 'under construction'.
    [​IMG]
  2. J.L.

J.L. Member

Here is a shot of Rozmberk 'under construction'.
    [​IMG]
  3. bholderman

bholderman Member

J.L.,

What scale are you nomrally working with, I'm amazed at your production rate.

Cheers,
    Brad
  4. bholderman

bholderman Member

J.L.,

What scale are you nomrally working with, I'm amazed at your production rate.

Cheers,
    Brad
  5. J.L.

J.L. Member

Hi Brad,
    Being retired, I am indulging myself with much modelling time. I am part owner of a gallery, and spend much of my hosting time working on a model there. At home, I usually have another one on the go.
    Richard Vyskovsky's Rozmberk Castle is 1:165 scale.
    Cheers...John
  6. J.L.

J.L. Member

Hi Brad,
    Being retired, I am indulging myself with much modelling time. I am part owner of a gallery, and spend much of my hosting time working on a model there. At home, I usually have another one on the go.
    Richard Vyskovsky's Rozmberk Castle is 1:165 scale.
    Cheers...John
  7. J.L.

J.L. Member

A Rozmberk Detail:
    [​IMG]
  8. J.L.

J.L. Member

A Rozmberk Detail:
    [​IMG]
  9. Bernie

Bernie Member

J.L., I am allways impressed when see that Czech models from Czech authors are interesting for people from another "globe" side.

Nice build - keep on doin´
  10. Bernie

Bernie Member

J.L., I am allways impressed when see that Czech models from Czech authors are interesting for people from another "globe" side.

Nice build - keep on doin´
  11. J.L.

J.L. Member

Tower Detail

Tower:
    [​IMG]
  12. J.L.

J.L. Member

Tower Detail

Tower:
    [​IMG]
  13. J.L.

J.L. Member

Hi Bernie,
    Thanks! Nice to hear from a modeller based in the Czech Republic. The Czech and Polish cardmodels are most interesting and highly detailed. Both a challenge and a pleasure to build.
    J.L.
  14. J.L.

J.L. Member

Hi Bernie,
    Thanks! Nice to hear from a modeller based in the Czech Republic. The Czech and Polish cardmodels are most interesting and highly detailed. Both a challenge and a pleasure to build.
    J.L.
  15. J.L.

J.L. Member

The Bridge

The Front:
    [​IMG]
  16. J.L.

J.L. Member

The Bridge

The Front:
    [​IMG]
  17. bholderman

bholderman Member

J.L. and bernie,

That's perhaps my biggest disappointment with architecture models is the lack of non-European (personally, I'd prefer more United States) models. I certainly don't mean any criticism as the models are magnificent. It would just be nice to build a quality equivelent of Independence Hall (I have seen simple ones), Monticello, etc.

Cheers,
    Brad
  18. bholderman

bholderman Member

J.L. and bernie,

That's perhaps my biggest disappointment with architecture models is the lack of non-European (personally, I'd prefer more United States) models. I certainly don't mean any criticism as the models are magnificent. It would just be nice to build a quality equivelent of Independence Hall (I have seen simple ones), Monticello, etc.

Cheers,
    Brad
  19. J.L.

J.L. Member

Brad,
    I totally agree with you. I still have a paper model of Independence Hall bought long ago in a Williamsburg gift shop. The Old North Church as well. (I notice The Governor's Palace is available). But these employ basic box shell constructions with few embellishments. Interesting that the German company of Schreiber-Bogan has modelling the White House.

I know where you are coming from when you mention Monticello. I can see that large dome and tall walk-through windows beautifully rendered in card.

As you say, there are very few finely detailed American paper models on the market. It just seems to be off the American radar screen. Maybe it's a cultural thing. The Europeans are deeply steeped in historical architecture they truly appreciate and revere.

There are Canadian sites modelled. (i.e. Chateau Frontenac, Hotel Vancouver...) I'd like to somebody take on Casa Loma and others.

Cheers...J.L.
  20. J.L.

J.L. Member

Brad,
    I totally agree with you. I still have a paper model of Independence Hall bought long ago in a Williamsburg gift shop. The Old North Church as well. (I notice The Governor's Palace is available). But these employ basic box shell constructions with few embellishments. Interesting that the German company of Schreiber-Bogan has modelling the White House.

I know where you are coming from when you mention Monticello. I can see that large dome and tall walk-through windows beautifully rendered in card.

As you say, there are very few finely detailed American paper models on the market. It just seems to be off the American radar screen. Maybe it's a cultural thing. The Europeans are deeply steeped in historical architecture they truly appreciate and revere.

There are Canadian sites modelled. (i.e. Chateau Frontenac, Hotel Vancouver...) I'd like to somebody take on Casa Loma and others.

Cheers...J.L.