Rotary tool price alert

fsm1000

Jun 4, 2006
Coquitlam BC
fsm1000.googlepages.com
I just found out that Zellers, here in Vancouver anyhow, is selling a rotary tool with some extras for $14. It will not be high powered but it will do the job. I have a dremel and a cheap one. The cheap one will bog down a bit when pressured, but for small jobs it is great.

I don't know if the price will be the same all over, but I hoped that this will allow some of you to get rotary tool on the cheap. It is made by "Powersmith".

I hope this helps.
icon_smile.gif

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
That's a great buy. Harbor Freight frequently runs sales on their rotary tools, but even then, I don't think they go below $20 when on sale. I've got two "off-brand" tools, Harbor Freight's being one of them, and my only complaint is that the arbor bushing has a different thread than Dremel and some accessories made for Demel won't fit them because of that.

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Sears makes a Craftsman rotary tool that I like better than Dremel. Being as how it was a gift, I'm not sure of the cost, but the point is, Dremel isn't the only game in town. My dad has one of the cheap Harbor Freight ones and it seems to do just fine. I used it alot at work kitbashing large scle double stacks for training aids in G Scale.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
CCT70 said:
Sears makes a Craftsman rotary tool that I like better than Dremel. Being as how it was a gift, I'm not sure of the cost, but the point is, Dremel isn't the only game in town. My dad has one of the cheap Harbor Freight ones and it seems to do just fine. I used it alot at work kitbashing large scle double stacks for training aids in G Scale.

The Sears Craftsman brand die grinder is made by Black & Decker.