rotary engines

Discussion in 'Gallery & Designs' started by Richard, Apr 26, 2006.

1. 46rob

46rob Member

Does this picture help? In the radial, the crank turns, in the rotary the crank is stationary and the engine turns. The stroke is determined by the displacement of the crank form the center of rotation, just like a regular automobile engine.
    The master rod is the same as a single cylinder engine's. It rides on the eccentric of the crankshaft and the other cylinders slave off of it, like in the picture.

Attached Files:

2. 46rob

46rob Member

Does this picture help? In the radial, the crank turns, in the rotary the crank is stationary and the engine turns. The stroke is determined by the displacement of the crank form the center of rotation, just like a regular automobile engine.
    The master rod is the same as a single cylinder engine's. It rides on the eccentric of the crankshaft and the other cylinders slave off of it, like in the picture.
  3. shrike

shrike Guest

4. shrike

shrike Guest

5. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Inside a Radial Engine

Thanks Rob and shrike,

That explains the basic functions in the best possible way. From now on, I´ll know for sure the difference between a rotary and a radial engine.

best regards,
    Bengt:rolleyes:
  6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Inside a Radial Engine

Thanks Rob and shrike,

That explains the basic functions in the best possible way. From now on, I´ll know for sure the difference between a rotary and a radial engine.

best regards,
    Bengt:rolleyes:
  7. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Rob and Shrike, Thanks for the explanation. A mystery solved. The animation again helped much. I appreciate you both taking the time. John
  8. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Rob and Shrike, Thanks for the explanation. A mystery solved. The animation again helped much. I appreciate you both taking the time. John
  9. Richard

Richard Member

10. Richard

Richard Member