Rotary Couplers info!

Should the rotary coupler on a car like a bethgon be located next to the coupler of the locomotive?

I suppose a different way to word this would be:

What coupler should be placed coupled to the locomotive(s)? The rotary coupler, or the standard (fixed) coupler?

I'm getting my 24-car train set up to take some pics...want to get it to look right!

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Siderod:
are you planning to dump the car next to the loco? It would make sense for the rotary coupler to be at that end, unless the last car is pushed into the dumper and the loco backs off.
It might be different if the train goes into the yard and a switcher couples on to the other end.

It's amazing what thihnking during the 2 most boring hours of my freakin life will do for me! You know that bordem...when you don't know what yur doing, but yur doing something...it's kind of a cross between death, bordem, silence, math class at school and playing that game with the knife stabing between yur fingers just for fun. (knifie-stabie? :confused: :D )

Anyway, i thought about it and i figured that the rotary coupler would NEED to be next to the locomotive UNLESS you had a double rotary next to the trainling unit OR the locomotives were uncoupled for that dump (which would be more trouble then it's worth)

ALSO, 2 rotary couplers shouldn't be next to each otherfor some reason...from what i heard, it can cause derailments

Anyway, 2 hours of bordem will do wonders!