romulan fans

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
I really need to set a standard for the rombop I will be making a recolor of. I need you opinions. I don't want to hear much of what book covers did or rumors. but I do want to hear of what you would like to see. here is what I am considering. fiery amber with a brighter birde decal, and green cloaking ports and also a red torpedo option. blue and red is what was shown in The Deadly Years tos episode.im going to try to post a poll here to see what colors are most popular. thank you.Romulan_Bird_of_Prey_studio_model_as_deliveredc.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
another rare shot of the model during shooting. note how large the actual nacelles are, and the height of the struts.

Attachments

• romulan bop w.png
    romulan bop w.png
    624 KB · Views: 25

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
actually its from a thumbnail and got all pixelated, lol.
I'm still working on meta sequoia to learn how to make my own models without hand drawing them, although I respect those who are talented at that!

Reactions: linweseregon

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
yes, i am out of my mind. help me...........which one do you like best? it will help me decide what to produce on a new project. thanks.rombop choices.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
welp, i will give it a few more days for you to show your opinions. if not, im going with Linweseregon's Aqua preference on my lighting kit and thick card model. it wont cost much, less than a plastic model kit of a car on the shelf these days. but will be accurate and nice looking and have a weapons fire option. any ideas on cloaking effect?

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Apr 5, 2013
I like the Aqua too! :)

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
here's an aqua onerombop i.png

I will still be offering the lighting kit and instructions, possibly the whole model assembled with lighting if I can get a large order. [saves on shipping]---the only thing I still am up in the air about is the stand. I possibly could make a switch on one aft side and a battery hatch, but that reduces realism. and a pole or wall and base to hide the wires also takes away the feeling of a free flying spaceship. I will work on something special for this one.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
here is what i believe is the correct scale of the romulan ship to the 1701 starship. interesting note i read in some book about gene roddenberry, in the original story,''the balance of terror'' -BOP-1S-Third.png the romulan's last desperate move was to ram the enterprise and blow itself up. under the saucer where the neck was. kirk back away at emergency speed and escaped the explosion. this was too much like a current submarine movie that was very popular, so it was re-written.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
the aqua leds are ordered ! i will make the romulan that is in the resources area first as i had it printed out, with a few mods i had made. i dont know the author i suppose i should write down the authors and memorize them. so i will have one build right away. the aqua leds will also be used in my next build, the stx enterprise by uhou02 and machino [?]rawen [?] did i list those right? and also the rotating led bling jewelry disc that is about the size of a dime for the nacelle caps. more on that later, it will be an electronic build pic thread.

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
this has been on my mind, i had to work it out. you can find metallic paper bags at any party store or wrapping paper, the black nacelle domes, cut like Ron's enterprise caps will create reflective movement. just had to get this completely unlit paper model idea off my mind.metallic paper romulan bop plans.png

spaceagent-9

Jul 10, 2013
pheonix
another Glenn Jupp mod, this time kind of a normal bird of prey. I still recommend a bead for the nacelle caps. use a poster pin to punch out the holes and a green led? I kind of liked yellow with green nacelles. it reminds me of Halloween.

glenn jupp-romulan bird of prey.png

Reactions: Sanginus