Rodger Young Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysteroid

Well, finally got back from Chinese New Year Vacation, known over here as Spring Festival, 3 weeks ago. Spent a week knocked down from the flu, then been running around getting back into the swing of things. Lastly, and most importantly, finished the Rodger Young!

Pictures:
1, 2. Beauty shots
3. On display on the only surface big enough in the apartment!

Steve

Attachments

• SAM_1826 (medium).JPG
    SAM_1826 (medium).JPG
    174.6 KB · Views: 23
  • SAM_1832 (medium).JPG
    SAM_1832 (medium).JPG
    180.4 KB · Views: 17
  • SAM_1833 (medium).JPG
    SAM_1833 (medium).JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 22

Elliott

Looks good Steve! Did you end up using foam core for inner supports? And how do you say foam core board in Chinese? :cool:

mysteroid

Thunderchild: Thanks for the kind words! By the way, great job on the Gunstar. :thumb: I was just checking out the file (thinking about building it as a next project)

Elliot: No, I was too late. The parts were already built. We have some art supply stores about 30 minutes away (bus and walking), but I haven't taken the time to get over there yet. When we were in Singapore I found a fantastic art supply store! Foam core, specialty paper, tools, supplies, you name it, they had it. Wish we had one of those here!

Regarding the sag, you can see in the "displayed" picture the model is resting on the engines. There's just a noticeable stress at the center joint. For now it's no problem. We'll see what time does!

Thanks again for commenting guys! :mrgreen:

Steve

SEBRET

Looks awesome. I keep putting off finishing the observation towers. From what i have seen with my build, the sag is noticeable but nothing to be worried about. Just Don't put anything Heavy on the engines and it should be fine.

Also, Speaking of Foam Bord, I plated the backs of the Upper Hull Parts. Definitely Helped.

Operative7B

Amazing build! I always has a soft spot in my heart for the Rodger Young. I thin kit was the first movie starship I wanted to own at all costs... that and the gunstar.

Amazing work!

mysteroid

Thanks Operative7B!

I didn't do much, the model is well designed so even an all thumbs guy like me can put it together.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.