Rockie Mountaineer Rail Pics

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by Railery, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Railery

Railery Member

Hi everyone. i finally got a new site up and i have some pics of my rail trip last May. U can view them at:
    http://railery.tripod.com
  2. kettlestack

kettlestack Member

Hi Railery,

Very nice pics of your trip (even saw a caboose) and one helluva big layout .. :eek: :eek: :eek: :) :D

Was it bow ties and tails to go dine on that train?? :)

Errol
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

That musta been a hoot!
  4. Bywaterrailroad

Bywaterrailroad Member

VERY NICE PHOTOS....LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A GREAT TRIP....THANKS SHOWING THE PICS......ENERGIZES ME TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THE HOLIDAY PREPARATIONS AND GET MORE LANDSCAPING DONE IN THE TRAIN ROOM....

NICK
    BYWATERRAILROAD
    NEW ORLEANS
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Railery, excellent photo's my friend, just want to know what the meals were, you said"It was very formal and the meals were excellent" It's making my mouth water :D

Shamus[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Railery

Railery Member

Thanks all for all the fine emails and comments. i'm glad u liked the pics.

The scenery was exquisite. i got a few pics but Jem, my partner, got lots on the cam. We really enjoyed the trip. The service was very good. i will be using the pics for some scenery insights :)

i thought the dress would have been more formal but it was casual. Most of the folks in our car were from England and the States. Only two couples from Canada, and that included us.

For the dinners we had a menu of four choices and they were all superb. Throughout the day we were catered to with beverages and ordurves. :cool:

Also the observation cars are very smooth they have a special shock system. U still sway but not as much as a regular car.

Its a bit pricie, but it is worth it. i recommend the trip to anyone.:D :D :D

i also have some pics of the White Pass Rail in the Yukon. It was part of the package we got from the cruise. i will be posting them shortly too. Great mountain scenery. :)