Rock Creek Timber Shay

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi PJ and welcome to the gauge.
Just love shays, are you scratchbuilding it, or is it a kit. what ever, she is one fine beauty.

Shamus

waver.gif

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
I'm only going to say, you lift the cover of the tool box, in front of the air tank, and it's full of tools !! I'll let PJ tell you the rest, when he posts more pictures.
I've seen, and heard this shay close up, WOW!
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi PJ, very nice photo's, I have merged the two threads together. If you are posting any more photo's of the shay, please keep them to this thread, thanks
Shamus

pcentral

Jul 17, 2002
Central California
Visit site
Nice work PJ! Have you posted pics on mylargescale forums of this beauty? Thought I saw 'em there. Please do post more pics of your work and layout. I am in the early stages of detailing my outdoor G layout based around late 1800's. Steam trains and cowboys are the basis. Would love to see some pics to get ideas if you don't mind. Steve

PJ ROGERS

Nov 20, 2002
MUNDELEIN ILLINOIS
Visit site
THANKS FOR ALL THE GREAT COMPLAMENTS. THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE POSTED ANYTHING ANYWERE. STEVE, AS FAR AS A LAY OUT, I HAVE SOME BASIC LANDSCAPING DONE INCLUDING A POND BUT EVERY THING ELSE IS STILL IN THE PLANNING STAGE.
RIGHT NOW THE PLAN IS FOR AN EASTERN STYLE LOGGING ROAD SOMETIME IN THE LATE 20'S EARLY 30'S AND THE WIFE INSISTS ON A HORSE FARM. THE BASIC DIMENSIONS WILL BE AROUND 60'X35'. PJ:D :D :D