Rochelle Beyond the Park

railohio

I thought I'd throw some photos up because this forum has been slow lately.

UP3067FoamersRochelleIL3-16-08.jpg

If you hang out in Rochelle long enough eventually this will happen. Luckily there are tons of great places across northern Illinois that spending too much time (awake) in the park isn't necessary. In fact, I spent a week there in March and rarely spent more than an hour or two of daylight in the park. These are a couple samples of what I saw "beyond the park."

UP4169StationRochelleIL3-16-08.jpg

As it would happen there is still an old fashioned station in Rochelle. Passenger trains don't stop there, they don't even go through town regularly, but no less it's there, and isn't that enough reason to point a camera at it?

JunkWestRochelleIL3-19-08.jpg

Just west of town there's a giant intermodal yard that one can get surprisingly good views of if he (or she) doesn't try to stomp through the front gate.

UP4439FranklinGroveIL3-20-08.jpg

Out in the country there are countless crossings mile after mile for people who just like photos of trains, too.

BNSF1482RochelleIL3-20-08.jpg

Oh yeah, BNSF runs a few out that way, too!

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Yeah! Good stuff! Looks like six or seven units heading the train in that first pic! Nice to see the old BN green out front in that last one.
Ralph

brakie

Beyond the railfan "hot spots" usually leads to better photos as your pictures show...That's why I usually drift away and find my own spots.

On the other hand,being a talker I just might spend more time talking then taking pictures!!!! sign1

brakie

I thought that's what the Intersweb was for!

I still like face to face chats with the faithful at my favorite haunts..

BTW..Over the past few weeks Bucyrus has seen a small increase of railfan activity.

My once private domain is becoming a active railfan site..sign1.