Robocop Viral video

blaar

I am so looking forward to this, I just hope it is not a Terminator'ish incarnation of Robocop.

Murphy should still be made of steel and wires, not some Cyborg, flesh over steel.

ThunderChild

Nah. The uncut version of the first movie is still great to watch. Granted the ED-209 stop-motion sequences are showing it's age, but the rest of the movie is still awesome! Regarding the 2 sequels, I watched them once and decided they belong in the same category as the Highlander sequels: Never happened, not canon.

For some strange reason I kinda liked the Prime Directives quadrilogy.

The animated series was also fun, but then I was very young when I last watched that...

blaar

Yeah, Robocop1 Directors cut was awesome. Still is.

I watch it just about once a year. Robocop2 was okay.........no where near the likes of Robocop 1. After that it all went sour for me. Even the TV series was AWFUL, JUST AWFUL.

blaar

Hmmm..........some leaked concept picture.

robocop-remake_1227.jpeg

Millenniumfalsehood

Whew, I'm glad they decided against doing a clear-plastic helmet like they said they would. RoboCop's appeal is how he lost his humanity and had to fight to get it back, and showing any sort of humanity, like his face, would destroy that.

Normally reboots don't bother me too much, but that would definitely make me hate the movie.

The new ED-209 looks sweet! :mrgreen:

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
The Ed is cool, but it has too many exposed under workings for military applications, in my opinion.

ThunderChild

Yea, they would have had close liaisons with the military.
One could try explaining it away by saying it's suppose to have a "shock-and-awe" design...

... but in the end it's just a movie design meant to look cool and bada$$.
(And give us paper designers nightmares) :D