Robins Models

jimmybeersa

May 14, 2001
Alberton . South Africa
As you might know Robin requested before he passed away that I dismantle his layout (a very heart sore task ) Well I have removed all the models from the layout and am overwhelmed by how many there are. Letty would like to donate these models to any serious modeler or Clubs who have space on their layouts for them. The models are in Georgetown Ontario and must be collected or arrangements made for their collection. Alternatively you could make your own arrangements for shipping. We cannot under take packaging or shipping costs.
Give me a call at Georgetown 905 702 7300
Hoping to hear from you.

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
Jimmy, I would like to have a modle of Robins on the Feather river, but as I am in oz it is imposible for me to pick up, but if you could P.M me we could work something out. shipping charges wouldnt be a problem....steve

screen

Aug 18, 2005
Sterling, Illinois
I model a different scale but hope if these pieces go to some person or club that they be preserved by that end user for what they are and who they were built by and not given away to someone who has know idea of what they mean and most likely not preserve them!

This is none of my business but I can't see anyone taking these great works of art if they won't be cared for as Robin would - they should always be passed on so Robin's memory lives on! Jimmy isn't giving away toys here!

Sorry if I have offended anyone!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
screen said:
I model a different scale but hope if these pieces go to some person or club that they be preserved by that end user for what they are and who they were built by and not given away to someone who has know idea of what they mean and most likely not preserve them!

This is none of my business but I can't see anyone taking these great works of art if they won't be cared for as Robin would - they should always be passed on so Robin's memory lives on! Jimmy isn't giving away toys here!

Sorry if I have offended anyone!

Nope, no offense - that's exactly how everyone wants them to be treated - as a memento of Robin's lagacy to the hobby and to his friends.

Val

Will_annand

Jan 12, 2004
Huntsville, Ontario
www.muskokacomputes.com
Screen and Val

I agree totally, this is ART we are talking about. For my part, anything I have of Robin's will be treated as such. Either given a place of honour on my layout or passed on the our club layout and identified as such.

We have two buildings of Robin's that will be included on our club's N Scale show layout. They will be identified as Matthysen Manufacturing, in Robin's honour. I have asked Val to create the signage for these.

Val, if you like, the newxt show is in Barrie in Feb. if you want to come up and install your signage in person, it would be our pleasure. I will send you photos of the structures on the layout before hand.

KCS

Nov 23, 2004
Shreveport, LA.
I'd love one and I have plenty of plexy glass to make a display case with which I would certainly do but I've never shipped anything internationally so I don't know anything about it. Along with everyone else, yes these are work's of art that hold a great deal of sentimental value.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Will_annand said:
Val, if you like, the next show is in Barrie in Feb. if you want to come up and install your signage in person, it would be our pleasure. I will send you photos of the structures on the layout before hand.

That sounds like fun!! My schedule won't be so crazy in Feb either. :)

Val