Robber Barrons in the 21st Century

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
With the induction of Spitfire/Val into the Ancient and Honorable Society of RobberBarrons we have now move into the 21st Century :D :D

Good Evening Val,

At the Robber Barron's Executive Board Meeting held this evening at the mansion of Board Chairman Ezra P. Terrible, located high in the East Terrible Mountains, near Homasote, Colorado, you name was placed in nomination as being worthy of joining the esteemed ranks of Robber Barrons.

Since the By-Laws of the Ancient and Worthy Society of Robber Barrons made no provision for members of your gender, yours truly placed before The Board a motion to amend same and this motion was unanimously approved by all in attendance.

We are please to advise you that the board has without dissent voted upon you nomination and has unanimously approved your nomination. YOU MAY NOW OFFICIALLY USE THE TITLE OF ROBBER BARRONESS.

In order for your nomination to be officially complete please repeat the following out loud:
"I hereby affirm that I shall never reveal the secretes or methods employed by the Ancient and Worthy Society of Robber Barrons and Baronesses. I further affirm that I shall uphold the By Laws of The Society no matter what and that I will adopt in all of my dealings with Hobby Shops, Train Shops, Mail Order Places, Yard Sales and Junk Stores the attitude of DO UNTO THEM BEFORE THEY DO UNTO ME."

We are now retiring to Chairman Terrible's private Pullman car for brandy and cigars in your honor.
WELCOME ABOARD!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thank-you Vic.

Ahem.

Fellow Robber Barons, esteemed colleagues, Ladies and Gentlemen

It is with great pleasure that I accept the nomination to the position of Robber Baroness put forth by my worthy colleague Vic. I hereby pledge to do my utmost to honor the by-laws of the Most Ancient and Worthy Society of Robber Barons. You will find my ethics to be above reproach as I strive to part all citizens of Homasote and parts beyond of their hard-earned cash. My lips shall be sealed as I bilk, I mean attend to all the poor widows and orphans, and others less fortunate. I shall proudly uphold our glorious credo "Do unto others before they do unto you". In closing, may I offer a toast - to Chairman Terrible and the entire Terrible clan, to Vic, who has championed my cause from the beginning, and to Robbers Barons everywhere - I salute you!

Cheers!
:cool: Val

TR-Flyer

Nov 24, 2001
SC
Visit site
The twenty-first century, ......unlimited.

Trumpets blew, the glass ceiling parted, and,.....in a cloud of steam and diesel fumes,...a baroness was raised!

Ain't it grand.

Guess i better start watchin' my little modular empire! There's one more Duke on the loose.