Road Stripes

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
I think there is vinyl tape in narrow strips available. It seems to me Micro Mark carries it, but I'm not sure. There other possibility would be to get some Microscale decal film, paint it solid white or yellow depending on your era, and then cut thin strips and actually decal the stripes on. The other possibility is to get Woodland Scenics dry transfer stripe sheets and do a dry transfer to the road. I'm not sure what material you have made your roads out of. Smooth glossy works better for decals, more porous would be better for dry transfers.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
I had some black tape I used to use for printed circuit board layout. It comes in widths ranging from .010 in. to .5 in. I used .040 in. for N scale and put it on some acatate, then painted it with several coats of acrylic paint. When it is pulled of of the acatate, some of the paint kinda flakes off if the tape streches, which is great since it gives a worn look when put on a black "asphalt" road.

You should be able to find this tape at a drafting supply store. I'm not sure, but I think Chartpak is the only company that still makes this tape, thanks to computer PCB design layout programs.

Don